borachris

Veteran Member
TDI
Bora ASZ 130PD, Corrado 150PD in production

Curious Chris

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2003 RIP Rockford IL
Too much air is never a problem. And then I can read the time stamp on the bottom but it is inherent in the boost system that you first overshoot and then it adjusts down to the target if you hold the pedal down long enough.

fenwick458

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 T5 Van
thats not the "true" value of boost the the ECU is requesting. by default VAG COM can only read upto 2600mbar for specified boost, to get the true values shown you need to do something with the software and remove the limiter.

same goes for if you install a 4 bar MAP sensor, VAG COM only shows upto 2983.5mbar but the ECU can reud upto 4000mbar!

borachris

Veteran Member
TDI
Ah I see, Cheers for that Stu, I thought it was odd that it hit 2600 and flat lined so perfectly!

im570rm

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi a6 avant 2.5 tdi quattro
imo the actuator has a bad adjustment.What duty cycle do you have @ 4000 rpm?

im570rm

Veteran Member
TDI
the duty cycle is fine,it's not that,now it can be a lot of reasons,put the stock tune back and log it again.

borachris

Veteran Member
TDI
Cheers for posting that data up Ray.

im570rm said:
the duty cycle is fine,it's not that,now it can be a lot of reasons,put the stock tune back and log it again.
Thanks, What do you think is the problem and what effect is it having?

It will be the weekend before I can try log my stock tune.

im570rm

Veteran Member
TDI
could be a lot of resons:bad software,broken turbo,rusty actuator,broken n75,etc .I guess is something wrong with the actuator or vnt system anyway if you look on the log the duty cycle goes up & down a few times and it should go up all the time ,so i can only guess that the actuator is rusty or the vanes are blocked from time to time.

Last edited:

aRd

Veteran Member
TDI
MK4 Golf TDI PD
im570rm, the turbo on Chris car is hybrid 1756, only done a few weeks ago.

could it be the actuator is setup incorrectly ?

im570rm

Veteran Member
TDI
nop,the adjustment is right however there are a few variations under 2500 rpm which can be explained with a lot of reasons look in my previous post

borachris

Veteran Member
TDI
im570rm said:
nop,the adjustment is right however there are a few variations under 2500 rpm which can be explained with a lot of reasons look in my previous post
Thanks for the advice my friend:D

The turbo was freshly re-built only 3 or 4 weeks ago so hopefully thats not the problem:eek:

I'll try a new N75 at the weekend and also do a few logs with my old tune and see if it makes a difference.

I'll post up the results asap.

aRd

Veteran Member
TDI
MK4 Golf TDI PD
borachris said:
Thanks for the advice my friend:D

The turbo was freshly re-built only 3 or 4 weeks ago so hopefully thats not the problem:eek:

I'll try a new N75 at the weekend and also do a few logs with my old tune and see if it makes a difference.

I'll post up the results asap.
N75 waiting for you at mine !

Rub87

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ibiza '99 90HP
It just overshoots a little, requested boost will be around 1.8 bar I guess, kwp data isn't adjusted so req only shows up to 2600mbar, don't worry, a little better N75 values could make the boost curve look a bit nicer.. but it looks like it's goign well

fenwick458

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 T5 Van
Rub87 said:
It just overshoots a little, requested boost will be around 1.8 bar I guess, kwp data isn't adjusted so req only shows up to 2600mbar, don't worry, a little better N75 values could make the boost curve look a bit nicer.. but it looks like it's goign well
anymore info on how to adjust the KWP data to show above 2600mbar rub?
i'm going to my mapper tomorrow and if i knew a little more about it then maybe i could try and explain it to them and they can do it for me!

borachris

Veteran Member
TDI
Rub87 said:
I'll have a play about with it at the weekend :D

aRd

Veteran Member
TDI
MK4 Golf TDI PD
Rub87 said:
I think the map Chris is running has boost set to 1.725 bar in the map.

Rub87

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ibiza '99 90HP
just had a look at the file, it's askin 2795mbar, seems I wasn''t too far off ;)

also judging from the file I can say it's not perfectly smokefree in transient zone, and that N75 values are quite good for this setup oem wise, only open vanes a bit earlier and/or request a little less boost pre 2000rpm =)

borachris

Veteran Member
TDI
Rub87 said:
just had a look at the file, it's askin 2795mbar, seems I wasn''t too far off ;)

also judging from the file I can say it's not perfectly smokefree in transient zone, and that N75 values are quite good for this setup oem wise, only open vanes a bit earlier and/or request a little less boost pre 2000rpm =)
Yes I get that you know your stuff:rolleyes:

lol :D

When you say not smokefree in the transient zone what do you mean? It does smoke a little now and then but not all of the time?

So do you think I should try and adjust anything or leave the it alone?

Rub87

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ibiza '99 90HP
transient I mean the moments the turbo is going from no ot low boost till it reached it's requested boost

borachris

Veteran Member
TDI
Rub87 said:
transient I mean the moments the turbo is going from no ot low boost till it reached it's requested boost
Yeah sometimes when I first put my foot down I get a little smoke but it cleans up pretty much straight away.

Do you think I need to adjust anything on the turbo?