how do i remove the connector on the radiator coolant switch

bobhammond

TDI
2002 jetta tdi
i am in the process of replacing the radiator on my 02 jetta. this is a laborious process. can anybody tell me how to remove the connector from the radiator temp. switch. i have never found a connector that has posed this much difficulty.

thanks.

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
put a small hook in the raised area of the end of the connector. Raise up a bit and pull back. It doing what pulling the tab is supposed to be doing. A bit of lube can help too.

kennster

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta TDI(RIP), 2011 Jetta TDI Highline(RIP),2015 Passat TDI Highline
I have broke EVERY connector i have touched on this car......needless to say..im not a fan of them..lol.....i have gone through so much electrical tape since i started replacing sensors...haha..

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
kennster said:
I have broke EVERY connector i have touched on this car......needless to say..im not a fan of them..lol.....i have gone through so much electrical tape since i started replacing sensors...haha..
Then you should learn how not to manhandle them :rolleyes: They come apart without too much trouble if you're careful.

I've never broken one on my car... and I've had almost every connector apart :eek:

-Jason