Possible roadtrip to Austin, TX to attend wedding

TDIMeister

Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast, Moderator at Large
TDI
TDI
Hey guys,

As I had posted here, I'm planning on attending a buddy's wedding in Austin on March 8th.

While in the area, I'd like to take the opportunity to meet TDI'ers and make a humble request if anyone would be willing to put me up to crash on their couch (I already have accommodations just outside Austin during my stay there). Would especially like to visit Tulsa/OKC, Dallas, San Antonio and Houston and possibly return back home in the direction via Arkansas, Tennesee, Kentucky, etc.

Tentative schedule: Detroit Friday, Feb. 27th; arrive Austin Friday, March 6th; depart Austin (for Houston?) March 9th; home no later than March 15th.

Looking forward!
Dave

White Passat

Veteran Member
TDI
CPO 2013 Passat TDI SEL June 2012 build date Purchased 09/14/14
My couch is taken, but I would like to buy you a cup of coffee and show you where to eat some great Texas BBQ. message me when you get a little closer.

John Wallace

runonbeer

Maintenance EnthusiastVendor
TDI
'00 Golf 02M, '10 Golf 02E, '02 UTE 02M
You can stay with me in San Antonio. My 11mo daughter might disrupt your sleep. We have a spare room. Lemme know.

Yes, I live in San Antonio and my shop is still in Austin. I drive up everyday. We might even talk Jim (dieselgeek) into going out for a beer one night.

Last edited:

CharlieT

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi TTqTDI, B4V, B5.5V, '12 NMS SEL
You'd be welcome in Houston any of those nights. Spare room available, and you can take the TT for a spin. I am west side of Houston, I-10 & BW8.
If you don't make Houston, I'll come up Austin/San Antonio way.

JohnWilder

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta 5 spd manual
I'm in a northern "burn" of Austin. I've not an extra room but I'll treat you to a meal if you've the time. Let me know.

John

TDIMeister

Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast, Moderator at Large
TDI
TDI
Guys,

I'm very sorry for the late reply. Been extremely busy trying to wrap up writing an SAE conference paper and my final dissertation article. Unfortunately, I'm behind in both cases and due to this and other circumstances, I'm not going to be able to make this trip. It's a big disappointment to miss my old friend's wedding and traveling through a part of the country I've long looked forward to visit. I really tried to make this trip work, but in the end, logic, prudence and common sense had to prevail.

Thanks to all who responded here and privately offering to put me up. I'm greatly humbled and appreciative nevertheless. You guys are awesome and is a large part of what makes this community and being part of it so enriching.

I definitely intend to travel through the area at some point before too long, looking forward to it and meeting you guys.

Cheers,
Dave