CEL - need coolant sensor

TDIFLY

Veteran Member
TDI
GLS Golf, 2001, Reflex
Hello got CEL, so was my first opportunity to try the VAG-COM software. It said 'coolant temp sensor high signal G62, intermittent." I cleared code and it stayed away for a few days then came back again. I assume I need to change coolant sensor? Don't know why it does this, coolant gage is rock solid at 190 degrees as always so I know the temps are fine, coolant level good, etc. Anyone have a part number where I can get a sensor without having to pay stealer prices?

thanks all for help.

Parkker

lumberjackbob

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Getta
There actually pretty cheap from the dealer. Cant remember the part number but I know the one you want is green. I had to replacemine awhile back. Paid $7 and some change for it at the stealer. Had a friend (mechanic) put it in for me for $20 bucks. Took him less then 30 minutes. Just make sure you replace the O-ring with it as well. hopefully someone will chime in with a P/N.

TDIFLY

Veteran Member
TDI
GLS Golf, 2001, Reflex
hey lumberjackbob - thanks for the heads up. Was good knowing to get the green one, as the parts man at the dealer didn't know if it was the blue one or the green one.
Altogether only cost $5.50. Surprisingly inexpensive. Very easy to change. Thanks again for the advice.

Parkker

zanzabar

Vendor
TDI
2004 Jetta BEW 5spd (dual duty track car and daily driver beater)
I've read maybe a few dozen different posts about this problem. I'll bet hundreds of people on this board have had the coolant temp sensor go (including me). I'm starting to think we have another chronic problem like MAF, window regulator, relay 109, ...

At least it's a cheap AND easy fix!