Radio Died

Andrew82

TDI
2011 jetta tdi
Hi guy I replaced my radio in my 2011 Jetta but now when i turn the car off and manually turn off the radio also it is still pulling power if i let the car sit for more than a day it kills my battery . The new radio is a plug and play so no cutting of any wires , what could cause this problem ?

eddieleephd

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 jetta Wagon
Hi guy I replaced my radio in my 2011 Jetta but now when i turn the car off and manually turn off the radio also it is still pulling power if i let the car sit for more than a day it kills my battery . The new radio is a plug and play so no cutting of any wires , what could cause this problem ?
It's only plug and play if it's VW. The monsoon amplifier stays on unless you wire it correctly.
http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/aftermarket-radio.html
https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthr...t-radio-install-in-MKIV-Jetta#/topics/2465170
When I installed my aftermarket radio I ran a wire back to the amplifier and used it for turning on the relay I used to turn power off to the amplifier. A local ground and power to the amplifier through the relay.
Check out the first link and search a bit more.
Quoted from ravendarat @vwvortex
^^^^^ Thats actually quite true. You could just use a relay at the amp to cut the power when the deck turns off. Just use the blue/white wire on the deck as a positive trigger on the relay. Blue/white to pin 86, ground pin 85 then cut the main power at the amp and hook up one side to 87 and the other side to pin 30. Problem solved. You really shouldnt have to do this as I would think there is another way to make this work but this would definitely solve your problem.
Sent from my Armor_2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Carlos_TJ

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Bora (BXE PD)
Some china copys still need a CAN adapter box to function (especially to power off with the ign key). Some people get away with it by wiring the ign cable to a keyed fuse. I am not sure you keep the "accesory on" feature this way)