Audi A6 avant pd130 sleeper

mick84

TDI
A6 C5 Avant PD130
Hi guys

New to the diesel world and have to say im impressed with the performance i expected it to be something of a cement mixer if i am honest lol.

Basically i had to sell my old car due to running coss but after 5 months in a supercharged 318ci i decided i needed boost back in my life but i also needed 7 seats and had to be a compramise and after been baggered by a mate to buy a pd engine i nearly baught a volkswagon touran but i just couldnt get on with the looks so nearly gave up until stumbling upon this on ebay.

Well i promised myself i wouldnt mess and by christmas i had baught this little lot lol:

After getting most of it fitted i decided to take the cone filter off and replace it with a panel filter.
I settled with it for a while but decidded i wanted more power

but before i did i wanted to make it safe and in doing so i found this little lot which scocked me to say the least:

cracked disc

smashed suspension top (both sides)

spring seat wrotten

Original airfilter lol (177500 miles old)

replaced with coilovers while i can afford some original suspension as wanting to seat it on a OEM sports setup but while under ther foud pinch bolts snapped on both sides.

I have replaced all the front suspension setup now and have to say drives fantastic and doesnt feel like a 7 seater estate when driving it hard.

I have also fitted a decat now as well as boost guage and oil pressure guage and have ordered a BV43 turbo to fit when i get the rest of my fixtures for the FMIC, it currently is mapped to around 180bhp but while the abs wheel sensor is on the fritz it is about as useful as a 3wheeler as soon as you put your foot down it just spins through the gears so utterly useless as a car at the minute lol. but finding a sensor that fits is proving very dificult.

I have just recently done a deep clean of the EGR and manifold and what a difference it has made to the running of the engine feels like a different car and idles so much smoother. I used a baking soda and lemon juice mix to put a paste on it and left it for an hour then soaked it in viniger and cola for 24 hours an it came up like a newly cast item.

Hoping to get it over to Darkside when ive had the exhuast fitted next month but want to sort some niggly bits out first but hoping for around 200bhp at the end of it.

so if anybody has any tuning advice im all ears lol......

mick84

TDI
A6 C5 Avant PD130
hi

Whos Malone?

I was considering doing a SMF conversion as ive heard the gearbox on these has a tendancy to **** itself. and have to say never been a fan of DMF.

Ihave since started preparing for a hardpipe kit throughout the engine to get rid of all the old pipes to see if that helps it maintain its boost as i noticed it spiking really badly but wont have a cear picture until i fit a vacuum restrictor and fuel filter to the boost gauge line to get rid of the needle vibration.

Have to say the car is nice to work on.

hughc

TDI
2005 tdi passat
hi

Whos Malone?

I was considering doing a SMF conversion as ive heard the gearbox on these has a tendancy to **** itself. and have to say never been a fan of DMF.

Ihave since started preparing for a hardpipe kit throughout the engine to get rid of all the old pipes to see if that helps it maintain its boost as i noticed it spiking really badly but wont have a cear picture until i fit a vacuum restrictor and fuel filter to the boost gauge line to get rid of the needle vibration.

Have to say the car is nice to work on.
First of all, I have to admit I thought your A6 had an auto transmission and that's why I suggested having it serviced (new oil and filter). Obviously that's not the case'

Malone is a very reputable tuner in NA but if they don't do business in your country you will have to find someone in the UK that offers a tune. It's surprising how nice a Tdi engine runs with a good tune,

mick84

TDI
A6 C5 Avant PD130
Cheers

I think i will be going to them for my next exhaust as ive read up that when i uprate the turbo i will be needing a bigger bore exhaust to take advantage of the new turbo and they are only 20miles fom my home

Cheers
Mick

TDIno

TDI
2004 Volkswagen Jetta
good looking ride you have there, Mick. have you started the mod on the exhaust? any updates?

mick84

TDI
A6 C5 Avant PD130
hi thanks it a work in progress lol although it is fun having an estate car that can outrun your average hot hatch lol.

Unfortunately, life got in the way and had to spend the money on other things but now looking at starting it again, tbh I’ve not used it much this past month or so lol i mainly go to work on the bike so the car just sort of stays there collecting dust at the minute.

I am torn between hybrid turbo or plain bigger turbo. the more research i do the more unsure I become, I don’t want a 400whp monster but i want something that will put a smile on my face and be reliable.
I have a decat but this is only the same diameter as the original exhaust so I am guessing that if I change or uprate the turbo I will want to change this for a bigger diameter one to take advantage of the extra power? I am looking at having about £1000 -£1200 to spend next month from my wages so this my budget or now.
I already have a FMIC and a pipe work kit now so just need to match it up with the right exhaust, turbo and map.

mick84

TDI
A6 C5 Avant PD130
Hey guys quick update, car is in garage at the minute having a turbo back de-cated 2.5 inch non resonated system fitted any when it comes back I will be starting to fit the front mount as the new 2.25 inch pipework has turned up now so busy busy but should drive a lot better.

Also have new egr delete to fit when it arrives as well as an oil change to carry out.

Next month when everything is fitted I am hoping to take it to dark side for a quality remap to see what power it can make and more to the point see how it now delivers that power.

Cheers

Mick

Last edited:

mick84

TDI
A6 C5 Avant PD130
So here is a few picture of the car now as it stands, the exhaust im not very happy withas is wayyyyy too loud but that will get changed at a later date as i think its too loud as i am wanting a backbox on to try a quieten it down a little although i am happy with how stock the tip looks. Also had the windows tinted reay for summer as having a new born baby i appreciate my privacy and the thermal benafits of them.

When i fitted the intercooler the first time i fitted it with the pipe on show but then decided it was far too visable so after great head scratching i realised if i turned the intercooler round and cut away some plastic support in the bumper i could keep my fogs and hide the pipes totally concealing the intercooler.

next on the list is is a new turbo and injectors then a full on the road tune to see what i can get out of this old horse.

Last edited: