Vcds psa

tjsean0308

Veteran Member
TDI
MKIV wagon 5spd graphite blue
Bought a Hex-net when I got my car. I love it and it has saved me all kinds of money while being able to help out a few guys with their cars as well.

Here is my top tip. Make sure you keep up on the updates from Ross-Tech. I hadn't used it in months because my car has been CEL free for a long while. Weird I know, but now it has taken me over an hour to download and install about 15 updates.

TLDR: update regularly or prepare for hours of updates if you don't use it for a while.

tadawson

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL, 2015 Passat TDI SEL
You don't need to do more that one - ever. Just get the most current and skip the rest . . .

- Tim

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
You don't need to do more that one - ever. Just get the most current and skip the rest . . .

- Tim
With the Hex-Net wi-fi interface, some updates seem to want to be done sequentially. I do not know why, but the latest updates did require several updates be done. You are correct about the VCDS Windows program, but HEX-NET updates can be different.

Have Fun!

Don

tadawson

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL, 2015 Passat TDI SEL
Sorry . . . missed the Hex-*NET* part . . . thought we were just talking standard VCDS, since I didn't think they ever actually released the wireless product, at least not beyond the beta testers . . .

- Tim