MK5 TDI Gurus?

jeff_vapelane

TDI
06 BRM Jetta DSG
Just wondering if we have MK5 TDI gurus here with a warm garage they can do jobs out of? I know there are a few MK4 gurus but not a lot of MK5 gurus.

The specific job I need one for is a DMF replacement on a MK5 DSG. I'm willing to drive of course, but the closer to Milton, the better.

Let me know, thanks!

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 M-B ML320 Diesel & '05 Passat TDI Manual 5-Speed
Don't want to leave it to a professional?

jeff_vapelane

TDI
06 BRM Jetta DSG
Thanks guys, I found someone with amazing prices.

DMF is finally replaced. Up next would be the dreaded cams..

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 M-B ML320 Diesel & '05 Passat TDI Manual 5-Speed
Thanks guys, I found someone with amazing prices.

DMF is finally replaced. Up next would be the dreaded cams..

You know the saying "If it's too good to be true....". Let's hope this doesn't happen to you.

jeff_vapelane

TDI
06 BRM Jetta DSG
You know the saying "If it's too good to be true....". Let's hope this doesn't happen to you.
Yes I'm well aware of that saying. It's not "too good to be true", the prices were just great. For privacy reasons I cannot disclose details, but the only thing I can disclose is that he has been a long time VW mech (15 years) and also a shop foreman.

That being said, I trust he has the skills to do a dmf job. Otherwise, he would not be employed in a reputable dealership.

mrrhtuner

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2015 Touareg TDI
Yes I'm well aware of that saying. It's not "too good to be true", the prices were just great. For privacy reasons I cannot disclose details, but the only thing I can disclose is that he has been a long time VW mech (15 years) and also a shop foreman.

That being said, I trust he has the skills to do a dmf job. Otherwise, he would not be employed in a reputable dealership.
Not Gerry..is it?