Lost all electrical accessory functions...

methodikalgee

TDI
2004 Jetta
The other night, the driver side door panel was loose, so the manly man that I am, I knocked it back into place...with force.

When I did that my gf noticed that the lights inside the car flickered. I then tried to open the trunk w/ my remote and it did not work. I tried the switch inside the door panel, and it did not work. I just thought the battery in my key died.

I didn't think much of it, then as I was driving today, I tried to roll down the windows and the switches were dead. I tried to adjust my mirrors; dead. I tried to turn on the dome lights; dead.

I pulled the panel today and noticed that the bulb of the interior door light was damaged. I guess my brute force did more bad then good. It looked the bulb/bulb assembly shattered.

So my question is...Do I just need to replace it to have everything work again?

#LOST #HELP

Dieselducky

Veteran Member
TDI
88 Jetta Diesel - 2000 Jetta TDI - 04 BMW M3 - 06 Kia Rio - F350 Superduty - 87 Buick GNX - Mobile Cranes
Sounds like you blew a fuse i would suggest having the door panel removed and checked for shorted wiring. Might have pinched some wires when ya hit the door panel.

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
If you do find a blown fuse, it will most likely continue to blow when you replace it until you remove the door panel and investigate what you damaged when you "smacked" the panel back in place.

What ever you do, don't be tempted to use a bigger fuse. If you do and the problem is still there, you will probably melt some wiring.

methodikalgee

TDI
2004 Jetta
Found a blown 10amp fuse replaced it. Windows/lights/trunk switch started working again. Replaced the shattered door panel light ($30 btw eeeek)

As for the remote, it was not working, so I changed the batteries. Initially it did not work, then I drove home from the store, and when I got home and parked it, it worked. Idk how but it did.

Anyways, thanks for the help guys. Really appreciate it!