Additional CCM coding and configurations with VDS Pro

madelgado

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat 3BG 2001
tongsli said:
Miguel, check your PM's.
PM and email answered ;-) Hope that we can get around the origin of the problem. You are my best supporter in the other side of the world about the progress I am doing with the decoding of the CCM and don't want to loose you ;-)

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI, 2004, Jetta Wagon TDI PD
madelgado said:
PM and email answered ;-) Hope that we can get around the origin of the problem. You are my best supporter in the other side of the world about the progress I am doing with the decoding of the CCM and don't want to loose you ;-)
Thanks,

I'm patiently waiting to tackle the ASR feature!

mtltdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf GLS, Indigo Blue
I checked out your seat install and saw the Navi-Gamma - let me know which bits I need to change to get that feature. hehe

MOGolf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf GLS TDI Reflex silver, rough road suspension and steel skid plate, 2004 Passat Variant, Candy White, rough road suspension and geared balanced shaft module, and much, much more. 2016 LR RR HSE TD6, 2019 Jaguar I-PACE
mtltdi said:
I checked out your seat install and saw the Navi-Gamma - let me know which bits I need to change to get that feature. hehe
The bits in the wallet got changed to zeros.

madelgado

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat 3BG 2001
MOGolf said:
The bits in the wallet got changed to zeros.
Of course there are no bits involved in this ;-) And not even money... just an old PPC. Older PPCs fit better, since they have bigger screens. CPU is not an issue for TomTom or Media Player... I have already one old PDA (not used for years). It has not two features that I am looking for, so I am waiting to get a second hand and cheap PPC with:

- usb host: some Acer have it, also Fujitsu-Siemens N520, also Dell X series, so that I can connect mass storage devices, camera, and potentially any supported usb-device.

- Rotation capability (Windows Mobile 2003 SE > *)

As you can see not so hard requirements... I expect to spend not more than 100€ in this upgrade for my gamma, including the Double-DIN (which I already bought in eBay for 30€)

Then, it is just to find a plastic (VHS tapes have the same length as the DIN width) and re-assemble the screen, buttons and MMC slot, and using the tape/TEL as audio inputs. When Radio or CD is in use, Navi voice commands or telephone will sound through the TEL+/TEL-/Mute input, with a simple volume detector circuit in the output of the PDA... when the tape is in use, the output from the PDA/telephone will go directly to the tape audio input.

With this, I don't have to replace the gamma stereo, integrated with the multifunction steering wheel and FIS display. I am looking also for the TOMTOM API to be able to print the instructions (distance, gps speed, etc) in the FIS (the TLB communication protocol is out there).

I just showed the "tip" of the iceberg, which is this prototype gif ;-) A bit more of investigation behind this project... and the common part of this is to minimize the money spent and maximize the "do it yourself"... and the best from my POV: when done, share it ;-)

mtltdi

Veteran Member
TDI
Nice, you make it sound so easy, too bad I'm an accountant and not an electrical engineer. hehe

mtltdi

Veteran Member
TDI
I have the 1J0 DWA siren located where the stock siren is, and when it snows and blows into the rain tray region the siren is pretty hard to hear. Does anyone know the orientation of the siren in the stock configuration, does it point up or down when mounted in it's metal bracket. I currently have mine pointed downward to keep it from collecting water.

pheller

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GLS 1.8t, 2003, Platinum Gray
mtltdi said:
I have the 1J0 DWA siren located where the stock siren is, and when it snows and blows into the rain tray region the siren is pretty hard to hear. Does anyone know the orientation of the siren in the stock configuration, does it point up or down when mounted in it's metal bracket. I currently have mine pointed downward to keep it from collecting water.
I saw a picture which is presumably stock, and it was pointed upwards, which is how I have mine mounted.

How exactly are you managing to get enough water in the plenum to collect in the alarm? The rain tray should protect that area pretty well.

--phil

madelgado

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat 3BG 2001
Although I may create another post in the future for my Gamma conversion to Gamma+PPC, I will put here and now a link to a Spanish forum where I am publishing the on-going work (you may want to look only to the pictures) I will translate it afterwards:

http://www.vagclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23109

I hope you like it. Cheers!
/Miguel

mtltdi

Veteran Member
TDI
We had a snow storm, and the snow managed to blow into the area under the plenum cover through the little grill like area which is visible only when the hood is open.

b554me

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat Turbocharged purchased in Costa Rica.
I would like some info on the Alarm Siren Change. I saw a video on youtube, and the guy that made the video pointed me out to this site. I read through all of the post and I just wanted some help if at all possible.
I have a friend that can help me, but I wanted to get some clarification if I could. I'm not a TDI owner but I do have a VW. I was looking for someone that would be local in Cali, but TDI's are illegal in LA so I will just post.

I have a USA 2001 facelifted B5.5 Passat, with 1.8T engine.
My CCM is IC0 959 799 B or C not sure yet.
This modification will work with these CCM's, right?

I know I need the New Siren- 1J0 951 605 (A)
Siren Connector and pins 1J0 973 703 and 000 979 131

My question is once I get the horn hooked up to the CCM like shown in the diagram posted earlier, all that is left to do is change the code (Eeprom) as also shown earlier using the VAG-Com tool?

Also, If i just purchase the and hookup the new siren, will the siren work when the alarm is triggered, but will not work when I lock and unlock the doors until I code the CCM? Or is the coding used to activate the alarm siren for all of functions (lock/unlock/panic/trigger)
I made it very general because I get what's going on, but sometimes when I have so much info its hard for me to put it all together. I will most likely do the hard wiring, but I will need someone else to do the CCM coding for me because I'm not comfortable with that yet.

Also do you leave both sirens in, or are you totally replacing the Meep Meep horn with the new Chirp siren?

Any input would be Greatly Appreciated.

TY
LA,CA

oh and hello everyone.. :)

Last edited:

mtltdi

Veteran Member
TDI
Welcome to the club!

Once the CCM is recoded - This is not possible with Vag Com - you will only have the new electronic siren functioning, the old meep meep stops working completely. Before the CCM is recoded, the car will not know that the new horn has been connected.

b554me

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat Turbocharged purchased in Costa Rica.
OK, thanks for that.. I think VDS_PRO is what I need to do some research on.

black_B5.5

TDI
AVF
Hello,
I have successfully activated the alarm protection in my ccm(1C0 959 799 B, addresses 04355,04356 and 04357). Many thanks madelgado for the good instruction!

The alarm delay after open the door is 20 seconds. Can anybody change the delay time down to 5 seconds? Somebody knows addresses & values in the ccm?

Last edited:

madelgado

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat 3BG 2001
Hello, what do you mean with "20 seconds delay"?

You can configure two ways of disconnecting the alarm with the driver's door lock:

- default: if you open the door with the key in the lock, the alarm gets disconnected inmediatly. I personally do not like this approach since anyone who forces the lock will deactivate the alarm

- inmo disconnection: if you open the lock using the key in the driver's door, the alarm will stay active for an amount of seconds (door led blinking)... if after those seconds (20 or 30) you do not start the car (ignition on is enough) the alarm will go off...

Maybe this is the configuration that you have right now... but if you release the hood or trunk, your alarm should go off inmediatly.

Hope this helps! Cheers.

black_B5.5

TDI
AVF
hello madelgado,
bevor the changes I also had your "default" situation.

After the changes I have the discribed situation:
I open the lock using the key in the driver's door, open the door, the door led is blinking and after 20 seconds begins the alarm. The alarm is not still active after open the door :(

The last german B5.5 models (up 2004) have all the 20 seconds alarm delay time. Is this perhaps a specific country setting?

madelgado

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat 3BG 2001
black_B5.5 said:
hello madelgado,
bevor the changes I also had your "default" situation.

After the changes I have the discribed situation:
I open the lock using the key in the driver's door, open the door, the door led is blinking and after 20 seconds begins the alarm. The alarm is not still active after open the door :(

The last german B5.5 models (up 2004) have all the 20 seconds alarm delay time. Is this perhaps a specific country setting?
Well, I recommend the inmo disconnection... Think that the other option is that the alarm gets disconnected if you open with the door lock... widely known by theaves. This way they will be shocked when unexpectedly the led is still blinking and even more when the alarm goes off.

I think that what you want is that the alarm goes off as you open the door, without any delay... Maybe this can be done... I don't know, but there are still some bits that I have no clue about what they do.

I will try to find more info, since I guess that I have read that someone's alarm goes off as he unlocks the car using the key (without even opening the door). I will get back if I get more info.

Cheers!

Hurrykane

TDI
1,4 16V
Hello,

Set Bit 8 from 4355,56,57 to 1 ( 1XXX XXXX )

The Car will be not Deactivate the DWA when you unlock the driver door with the Key. The Door lock will be open but the Safe LED does not go out. When you Open the door the DWA will be activated after 10 seconds.

You can deactivate the DWA from the Car only with the Remote Control.

Good Luck

hurrykane

madelgado

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat 3BG 2001
Hurrykane said:
You can deactivate the DWA from the Car only with the Remote Control.
If you cannot deactivate the dwa when ignition is on (only with remote), maybe your problem is that your tacho is not can-bus wired with the comfort module. In the event of your remote out of battery, you should be able to stop the dwa turning ignition on. Regards.

graeme86

Veteran Member
TDI
Not yet - fuel is too cheap! - 3.2 VR6 R32
Hurrykane,

If the alarm is set up as you describe, will pushing the deactivation switch on the door pillar deactivate the alarm? I mean the internal monitoring button.

i.e. open door with key and push button on pillar before 10 second delay time.

Thanks.

I'm liking the sound of this alarm mod!

Hurrykane

TDI
1,4 16V
madelgado said:
If you cannot deactivate the dwa when ignition is on (only with remote), maybe your problem is that your tacho is not can-bus wired with the comfort module. In the event of your remote out of battery, you should be able to stop the dwa turning ignition on. Regards.
No the Tacho ist wired withe the comfort module. The Tacho is a 1J5 920 846A with Immo3 and Can-Bus.

But the funktion what i have post is from Golf 4 R32. You can not Break open the car with the screwdriver.

Normally it is possible the Alarm with the srewdriver to turn off.

This funktion make your car more surely.

mtltdi

Veteran Member
TDI
madelgado said:
Hello, I need to update the procedure, because the one described is for another thing... ups :-( That procedure is for activating the beep and blinkers flash when opening/closing with the key... Sorry for this but I have a tremendous mesh sometimes with these hundreds of bits.

The addresses/value to activate the "inmo disconnection" are

- 04355, 04356 and 04357: There can be two possibilities for this value: In those cars with stock alarm without interior monitoring, the value could be 255. So in the chance of having 255 set for these addresses, the mod consists in changing this value to 128.

- If the value read is different than 255, it is another procedure; for example, for an European golf with interior monitoring, the value will be 24. Converting this to binary: 00011000. We have to change the first bit in bold to 1... so the new number will be 10011000, which is equal to the decimal value 152. Writing this value at addresses 04355, 04356 and 04357 will activate the mod.

Sorry for the confussion... but watch it like two mods in one ;-). cheers!
Just did this now, my CCM had 8 at the three addresses, changed it to 128+8 and it works like a charm.

Thanks Madelgado!

Zapjackson

TDI
Jetta
Im am beginning to think that these mods do not work on the 1J0 959 799AJ CCM. Because I have tried changing the DWA horn addresses 4367, 4368, 4369 value 255 --> 112 and 120, but my regular horn does not stop working. I also tried the immobilizer connection thing to see if that worked, and it did not. My VDS-Pro did not let me read address value 4350 as well. It said something about "invlaid function, or can not complete process at this time". I really dont want to find out that I wasted $130 on a DWA siren.
But the Roll down windows with the remote function did work on my car by using VDS-Pro.

mtltdi

Veteran Member
TDI
I hope you got the right siren, what yr is your car, and which Siren did you get?

Zapjackson

TDI
Jetta
My car is a 2000 (immo 2) Jetta. And i got the sirent listed in the thread. The (1J0 951 605 A) siren from the Phaeton/Toureg at my local dealership.

Zapjackson

TDI
Jetta
Yea now Im thinking that the 1J0 959 799AJ (US) CCMs arn't capable of recoding for the DWA because from address numbers 4360-4380 its nothing but 255 for every value. And I mean every single one. And it wont let me read 4350, it says something about an incorrect command, or can not access at this time. So im thinking that section is either not there.....or is blocked...because I checked on my friends 2001, and its a 2001 not 2001.5, and she has the exact same values and it wont let me access 4350 on hers either. :confused: I think its time to think about getting a euro CCM if I really want this DWA thing. Anyone wanna buy my DWA siren? :cool: IS there a way to change the country setting? I tried navigating the adaption 10, and seeing if I could change some values in there....but nothing....just the horn/flash/auto lock stuff.

madelgado

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat 3BG 2001
Zapjackson said:
Yea now Im thinking that the 1J0 959 799AJ (US) CCMs arn't capable of recoding for the DWA because from address numbers 4360-4380 its nothing but 255 for every value. And I mean every single one. And it wont let me read 4350, it says something about an incorrect command, or can not access at this time. So im thinking that section is either not there.....or is blocked...because I checked on my friends 2001, and its a 2001 not 2001.5, and she has the exact same values and it wont let me access 4350 on hers either. :confused: I think its time to think about getting a euro CCM if I really want this DWA thing. Anyone wanna buy my DWA siren? :cool: IS there a way to change the country setting? I tried navigating the adaption 10, and seeing if I could change some values in there....but nothing....just the horn/flash/auto lock stuff.
Hello, Zapjackson, you have a PM... here in Spain I successfully installed several sirens into 1J0 959 799 CCMs, without any issue at the moment. Maybe in this thread some people could report successful installation/configuration of the DWA, since many sirens have been sold at eBay ;-)

Zapjackson

TDI
Jetta
Thank you! i changed those addresses and my "horrible Horn" stopped working! Thats a good start. But so does the wiring of the dwa to a 1j0 959 799 CCM still follow the chart tou posted on Page 3? Im assuming so since you stated its for 1999-2001 cars.

Zapjackson

TDI
Jetta
Haha! Omg you do not know how happy i am! I got it to Work! It sounds amazing! Aftèr a deathly screám from the siren from not hooking up the ground first it finally works! Now i just need to spiffy up the wiring a bit and im good to go!