Appalachian Diesel Works GTG, OCT 18th, 2014 - Leicester, NC

DG-TDI

TDI
2000 NB TDI
Hi All,

We will be having our annual fall gtg on October 18th from 8am to 6pm. It will be held at my new location which is:
2893 New Leicester highway
Leicester, NC 28748

Hopefully several tuners will be able to make it as well as other TDI Gurus to help people out with their vehicles!

We will be serving BBQ and the normal fixins that go with it for lunch. Drinks of your choice would be appreciated, however please no alcoholic beverages at the GTG.

The new shop has two bays and some pavement out back to use jacks if needed. I will have at least one mabey two canopy's for use as well.

Post up what you would like to get done and we'll see if we can make it happen!

All are welcome and we hope to see you there!!

Daniel

rawmnivore

TDI
2000 Golf TDI 4DR
Robert T and I will be there, as usual. Not sure about the women and children yet. I'll post my maintenance wish list soon.

Is the new location scenic and engaging for children?

vw_nut

Veteran Member
TDI
, 1981 VW pickup TDI Conversion, , 2000 Golf TDI,1985 Cabriolet 16V,2006 jetta
Kim And I will be there, I have a short block I could bring to assemble if someone wants to help, and may need a tune from andrew

ncroadwarrior

Veteran Member
TDI
04 JSW bew
Thanks Daniel, I plan of attending,

no repair issues of major concern at present

may pull V/Cover for cam wear check on FO6 /
see if injector harness connectors are tight,
little smokey lately on moderate takeoffs

let us know what we can bring to help out
bill

\/\/0J0

Veteran Member
TDI
Sadly, none anymore
I plan to be there with 2 others. I'll be in my Cummins jeep and I'll have a guy in a 6 speed alh jetta with me, along with his son in my old golf. The golf may need some tweaking done on the tune so I'm hoping Jeff will be there. But I'm looking forward to seeing everyone!

D

dlm308rem

Fall GTG

All in! I will help with the cooking detail if needed.

Work to be done!

1. I need a camshaft replacement,
2. maybe brakes and
3. an EGR delete/Tune.

I do not know if the cam would be more than we would want to tackle at a GTG but mine is worn bad.

Thanks,
Dan

Last edited:

valvecrusher

Veteran Member
TDI
'96 Passat, '00 Jetta
who are the O.G.s?

I am definantly coming
who are the O.G.'s, the Original Gurus?(first gen AHU/1z experts)

It's been almost 4 years since i've had either the ECOdiesel, or the B4 'twins', running..
Who is bringing a B4/A3..

DG, I'll be glad to prep, or clean up afterwards..
PM me..

If you are attending with an A3/B4, please PM me on who ya is, what rolls you(auto)
+

Last edited:

fabed23

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta ALH - 5spd
I will be there. Thanks in advance. Let me know if dessert is a good idea? I wouldnt see why not?

Look forward to being there.

skinnyb

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI
Hope to come by for a little while, have an appointment about lunch time that I cant miss. No work needed but I recently upgraded my VCDS to Hex-Can and would be available to help anybody out.

cheoah

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Jetta PD, '14 Passat
Hoping to drop by. Considering a tune for,wife's 06 BRM. Have no idea how long that takes to do, might be very pressed for time. Thanks for hosting!

Sent from my iSomething using Tapatalk
Please forgive typos and commas

rawmnivore

TDI
2000 Golf TDI 4DR
Here is my wish list. Things I'll be taking care of on my own are not included (Yes, there are SOME things I know how to do!)

1) Diagnose e-brake. It works poorly. Need to know if it needs tweaked or replaced.

2) Diagnose clutch. I think it may be going bad. Not sure.

3) Complete skid plate install. The install is nearing completion, but I got to a bit of a Sticking point at the last GTG and could use a pointer or two.

4) Diesel Purge.

5) Diagnose warning lights that keep going off accompanied by audible alerts. It think one is a temp alert and the other is a low oil pressure alert. Both seem to be false alarms.

6) Diagnose sun roof. It seems to be possessed and sometimes opens on its own. Last time, it wouldn't allow me to close it and I had to use the manual crank.

That's about half of my lofty goals. The rest is mostly stuff I can do myself. Wish me luck!

smopoim86

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Jetta Wagon, 11 Sportwagen
I'll be there. I think dad may come as well. Picking up a parts car just south of Greenville.

The only work I have to do on my car is install a clutch, main seal, and frost heater. I think the first 2 are far too involved for a gtg. I hope to get my exhaust rattle taken care of before then.

ATLSilverTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2006.5 Special Edition Jetta - Silver
I may try to make it up, probably just doing some Filter changes, unless someone wants to assist in an EGR Cooler delete.

66gasgrill

TDI
2000 MKIV
I should be there, I will have a pd150 intake and race pipe for sale if anyone needs one maybe some other stuff I need out of my shop.

Cha2ga

Veteran Member
TDI
'11 JSW
I want to come. 2000 Beetle alh. I have a everything I need to remove my egr cooler EXCEPT for the pipe nipples to connect the large coolant hoses together and the small reservoir coolant hose. I have a stealth egr ready to go in. I have a clean intake. I have a felt and metal egr gasket but I think I need a second one, right? I was hoping for someone to supervise me.
I just had my tb replaced but would like someone to verify my timing and IQ with vagcom. Any takers?

Houpty GT

Veteran Member
TDI
Corrado TDI, 2000 Golf, 1996 B4 Variant
Does anybody have a McNally Boost/EGT gauge in their car or an extra one that is not installed???? They can't seem to get my boost readings right and I want to see if it is the sensor or the gauge. I have the newer 10 pin connector style.

I'll be going to EuroFest at the BMW factory in the morning to see all the classic European cars. After that I am headed to the GTG so expect me around noon or something.

DG-TDI

TDI
2000 NB TDI
The new location is nowhere near a kid friendly as it right beside a main highway that people regularly run 50 mph so close supervision will be mandatory for kids.

Cha2ga- timing and IQ can be checked and set, no problem.

Paramedick- hope you get better soon.

Atlsilvertdi- I assume a BRM cooler delete?

Rawmnivore- good luck

Cheoa- tunes can be done in under an hour typically.

BTW, please bring your own chair.

Looking forward to seeing old faces and new!

laundryeater

Veteran Member
TDI
'00 Golf, '15 Golf SW
It's just about a shame it's wedding season. I'll be there in spirit. Maybe, just maybe I can make the first hour to help set up before driving out to Durham.

vw_nut

Veteran Member
TDI
, 1981 VW pickup TDI Conversion, , 2000 Golf TDI,1985 Cabriolet 16V,2006 jetta
Kim and i won't be there company came in from out of state, Bruce prayers are with ya and a speedy recovery

skinnyb

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI
Change of plans for me. The "Boss" has a honey do list for the morning and lunch plans. I will be able to come after lunch and stay till.... Looking forward to being there, also looking forward to hopefully getting a new down pipe and mid pipe for my JSW.