New to us

TidiKiwi

TDI
2015 TDi Sportwagen
Been a stalker here since 2004 I think when first looked at Passats and others but never right place right time, couple of kids, acquired 2006 Mazda5 wagon which served us well for 10 years, but finally just died. Local dealer had a 2015 Sportwagen TDi with 6 speed DSG and 6500 miles on clock. Looked at a bought same day for $20k. Now happier than @1854sailor's pigs!! :):)
So just had it for 10 days now, getting used to it. Love torque. Love space. Getting used to auto gbox....12V cigarette lighter not working to charge anything but hopefully find fix for that on here. Looking forward to researching and understanding our new joy and getting another 10 years use out of a vehicle. Let me know if any additional information is needed as I see others post everything and the kitchen sink!
Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night...and Santa must of had a diesel right...there arose such a clatter!!

Last edited:

giuseppe_b

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SportWagen SE 6MT
Congrats to you on your new purchase. I have loved my GSW for over 6 mo. We are in a similar place, our 06 Mazda5 is still going and our GSW has pretty much taken over most of the Mazda’s tasks except hauling 6 people. It had been our camping and road trip car over our 2010 TDI but this wagon is excellent for everything. We love our 5 but my wife is ready to go back to a smaller car that has no problems. The 5 has electrical issues but mechanically everything is good. This isn’t a Mazda forum but I thought the coincidence was cool.

Is your GSW a CPO VW? The dealer should get that 12V power port fixed for you.

The Tortoise

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW Trendline - White
Congrats!

I also went from a5MT Mazda5 to the DSG GSW.

I miss the flexibility of the Mazda's interior and its sliding doors (have kids). I also find it was a bit more fun to drive thanks to the quicker steering, but I also only have 15" wheels on the GSW so its not a fair comparison.

Aside from that, the GSW is so much better in every other category. Quicker, quieter, smoother, way nicer interior, etc.

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta TDI/'15 Golf TDI
Congrats!
Cigarette lighter fix is simply taking the fuse that looks installed wrong and correctly installing it. It's in the panel located on driver's side of dash only when door is open.

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta TDI/'15 Golf TDI
I have one of these in that outlet and it sits nice and flush in the outlet. It stays there 100% of the time and charges very well with it's amp rating when I do use it.

kevkor2002

TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen, 2002 Honda S2000
My 12v chargers just blew a fuse. Dealer fixed it under warranty while it was in getting something else looked at. My SM buddy said its not uncommon for the 12v to pop a fuse. Not a common issue but he wasnt surprised it happened.

Happy motoring.