Power socket low voltage

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Its prob not a true sin wave, its probably chopped wave that your meter can't read properly, pretty common for el-cheapo inverters.

Have you had issues with anything you're plugging into it? HDTV may not like the signal but a laptop charger, camera charger or any other low voltage device won't care.

franklinstower

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 gsw 6mt wagon
I think I need to re-read the voltage with a true RMS voltage meter like a fluke. I don't think the Micronta meter I used was a true RMS meter able to read square sine wave.

Vince Waldon

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 ALH Jetta, 2003 ALH Wagon, 2005 BEW Wagon
Yup.

But back to the previously posted question... if we have a better idea of the actual problem you're experiencing we may be able to better help. :)

franklinstower

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 gsw 6mt wagon
I don't have a problem. I was just testing the socket and saw the low voltage numbers: not knowing a common multi meter can't read the inverter voltage. I didn't want to plug some voltage sensitive equipment into a plug not putting out the correct voltage.
Example: Lets say my GF's dildo only adequately vibrated for the proper end result at a certain frequency that was dependent on a constant 115 volts....And I saw only 82 volts coming out of the outlet....Her solo un-satisfaction could have damning effects on my well being.
Oh wait, I am married and my wife doesn't even own an AC apparatus. I am just living in the GSW fantasy land...

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Rule of thump, don't plug sensitive devices into cheap inverters and you'll be good to go.

Depending on the level of DMM, it still may not read the square wave properly, an oscilloscope will help you out but a bit overkill.

Enjoy your fantasy land.