Coolant flush interval?

hardtimes

TDI
2014 Q5
I have a 2014 Q5 TDI with 35k on it, purchased March 2014. I drive a 50/25/25 mix of highway/country/city. The dealership is recommending a coolant flush and wants 175$ to do it. Being Audi they have me in a loaner car, 'free of charge' so I have to consider that into the cost if I take it somewhere else and have to deal with waiting around or another ride.

First off, does that seem like a legitimate claim given the variables? There isn't anything to go on from the Audi scheduled maintenance sheet. Secondly, what are your thoughts on price? I plan to call a local 'euro sports' shop that I've used before to see what they cost but thought I'd ask people here to get a larger sample of a reasonable price to expect. I usually do most of my own fluid maintenance but have never had to do a coolant flush and given the cost of time and needing to test for air bubbles and pressure(so I've read), I think I'll just leave this one to someone else. Anyway, what are your thoughts on the proposed service and price?

In any case I'll probably hold off until after we hear what the deal is with the TDI settlement, assuming details are shared shortly after the 31st. Just looking into options for now.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Under normal circumstances the coolant really does not need any service. Generally it is good for the life of the car or until something requires servicing that would necessitate it being drained.

On a 2014, I for sure would not worry about. Maybe after 10 years or so, and if the cooling system has not ever had to me messed with for whatever reason, it would not be a bad idea to change it.

hardtimes

TDI
2014 Q5
Under normal circumstances the coolant really does not need any service. Generally it is good for the life of the car or until something requires servicing that would necessitate it being drained.

On a 2014, I for sure would not worry about. Maybe after 10 years or so, and if the cooling system has not ever had to me messed with for whatever reason, it would not be a bad idea to change it.
Thanks for the feedback.

If anyone else agrees, feel free to state as much. I've never head of flushing/filling coolant on a car so early so I'd like to know if anyone's experience goes one way or the other.