(another)WTB: 02-05 Jetta TDI Wagon

Lakeman

TDI
still looking
Hello Folks. Part of me is kinda sheepish here, this being my first post on The Forum... and I'm holding my hat out looking for a Jetta to buy. Plus it seems I'm one of dozens with this exact same post. That said...

I'm glad to be posting to what seems to be a pretty cool online community. THAT said...

My wife and I are looking for a 2002-05 Jetta TDI wagon... something under $20,000 (yes, I know, join the crowd). We live outside the Albany, NY area.

We got a 1988 190D a year and a half ago, with low miles, but the poor thing has been a bit of a bust. So we've decided no more throwing pennies toward a really old used diesel... time to suck it in and get a late-model, more efficient car to run on biodiesel. Plus with two dogs and potential adoption coming up... the sedan wasn't going to cut it.

Anyhow, glad to be aboard. Thanks for taking the time to read this far down the post. :)

Take Care.

haflinger

TDI
2002 jetta wagon black
I've got an 02 GLS, heated leather seats, sunroof, monsoon, 5spd, black/gray, 112,000mi.,all services,including timing belt done at 105,000mi, My computer is near death. It's going in the shop this AM. If interested you can call 606-348-3718 Thanks, Ron

captainfuego

TDI
Looking
I just went through the same search for a Jetta wagon. It took me 6 months of constant looking to turn up the right car and make the deal. The one thing I learned is that you have to be ready to go as soon as you see a car you are interested in. I checked the internet at least three times a day, looking all over the country. The sites I used are: cars.com, autotrader on line, craigs list, ebay, and this site. Several times I saw cars pop up for sale over night and called first thing in the morning only to find them already sold. You have to be on it to get a good car at a good price!
Good luck.

Lakeman

TDI
still looking
Hey folks! Thanks for the insight. Well, I at least know I'm on the right track as I'd already been following most of your advice... except that I hadn't been on autotrader... but ebay, craigslist, cars.com, this site... plus a great local site for me: wantaddigest.com.

Haflinger... thanks for the news, but Kentucky is a little farther than I'd like to travel. I'm hoping to stay within two or three hundred miles for my search: PA, MA, NY, VT, CT, NJ

BCW: That fruitlands site is terrific. Already emailed them. Thanks.