Boost levels on Gen 1 V6’s

nascar

Registered Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
01 Golf TDI & 09 Touareg TDI
Hey Guys. Anyone running a boost gauge on their Gen 1 V6 TDI ? Looking for comparisons on boost pressure at say 65-70mph just cruising.
Thanks in adv.

Radman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Audi A6 TDI, 2014 Touareg TDI
Boost pressure will vary depending on load. Very hard to see stable cruising unless on flat road. I'll try to check mine later this week if I can get out of traffic! Not Gen 1 but should be similar.

nascar

Registered Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
01 Golf TDI & 09 Touareg TDI
Boost pressure will vary depending on load. Very hard to see stable cruising unless on flat road. I'll try to check mine later this week if I can get out of traffic! Not Gen 1 but should be similar.
Yes, flat level ground for sure. Ok would be interested in seeing your Gen 2 too.
Thanks

jcart

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Touareg TDi Malone Stage 2, Rawtek.
As a suggestion you may wish to give the guys at Malone Tuning a call they’d be able to assist for tuned and non tuned rigs, Year specific etc.

j

Owain@malonetuning

Associate Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
PD jetta wagon
Don't think I have anything handy off the top of my head for those kinds of cruise conditions, you can check request vs actual with VCDS and plot 5+ minute logs on our site. I'll be daily driving and extensively logging a 2014 at the beginning of next month. Both pre and post fix with and without deletes and multiple files. Almost all of the data will be made public including hours of logs that can be searched through on our site.

Radman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Audi A6 TDI, 2014 Touareg TDI
Mine seems to hover in the 3 to 4 PSI range at 110-120KMH on my VDO Boostgauge. Did not hook up my Vag-Com to compare but will have Dyno runs in the spring when I tune it.