OttoStadt MotorWerks - Terminal extraction tools and OEM Radio iPod/Android integrati

TDI
04 BEW Golf
Packs of 10, 1.05$/ea up to 40units, 1.00$/ea 50units and up after, all the way down to 0.90$/ea after 100$ and more.

All sizes are the same price, makes sense?

TDI
04 BEW Golf
I have them on order, i'll be entirely frank that i've been busy with the move and just ordered them last week... I would imagine by the end of next week i'll have them in stock.

I'll post here when I do, sorry for the delay...

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
Just placed an order for the terminal release tools to replace the ones that were stolen from my car last month.
Even though I haven't really had need for them, I miss knowing that they're there for me if /when I need them. :)

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
Got mine in the mail this week. Now I just need the Passat to come home so I can finish the iPod install.

TDI
04 BEW Golf
Thanks for the order, packing them up now and will drop off tonight.

You'll receive an automatic email with your tracking number!

I appreciate the order :) enjoy!

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 Jetta GLS Wagon "Cranberry"
Thanks!

Gatineau? I attended an International Miata event there at the Chateau Cartier in July 2002.

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
Just received mine today (good thing it was sent Canada Post "Expedited" - almost 10 calendar days - yeesh!).
Excellent quality-looking tools!

TDI
04 BEW Golf
Just received mine today (good thing it was sent Canada Post "Expedited" - almost 10 calendar days - yeesh!).
Excellent quality-looking tools!

They quote 4-6 days but are having issues these days with shipments (mine and other suppliers I deal with), They are all delayed 5-10 days over their usual estimate...

I'll gladly ship UPS/Fedex but you might not like paying 25$ for shipping (or being charged 50$ of brokerage fees if you're in the US)

They *usually* are reliable.

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
What's with "brokerage fees"? I've had stuff shipped from Europe and there weren't anything like that. Perhaps it's a way to get VAT from non-Canadian addressees? ;)

TDI
04 BEW Golf
UPS Charges brokerage fees (usually a flat rate of 50$) for handling the custom's paperwork over the standard US/Canadian custom's fees (of 5-7% of the product's value).

You US guys aren't used to those, anyone here in Canada got screwed at least once or twice when receiving products from US sellers... You order a 60$ product and UPS hands you a 65$ bill on top of the initial amount which you have to pay to get your package.

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Interesting. These United States have a maximum customs-free level; not sure what it is or if it is daily/monthly/annual. But I wasn't charged customs on a recent DHL delivery from the U.K. I was charged a conversion fee by PayPal or my credit card, however.

darkscout

Grammar Scout
TDI
2003 Golf
You can only get those terminals through your vw dealer, they come pre-crimped on a piece of yellow wire (with a terminal on each end), they also have the rubber grommets. Very pricey though - 15-20$ per wire and 1$/ea grommets.

If you buy from VW. Which is not the OEM of the connectors.

Does this image look familiar?

It's called the Timer Interconnect System made by TE Connectivity, formerly Tyco Connectors.

This is the PDF Product. It has almost every connector, pin, socket, etc that you could ever possibly use on your VW. Including specification on the correct way to crimp.

(Some of the newer VW connectors are Amp, also made by TE and still use the Timer Interconnect pins)

This is everything that Mouser has available for the timer series.

Grommets are $.107 each, at 25 you get a price break to $.075.
Pins are $.203, $.20 price break at 10.

[I don't mean to cut into your but end connector sale but I'm a stickler for OEM wiring]

TDI
04 BEW Golf
I'm running a 10% OFF promo on all items (before shipping or taxes) in my store until Dec 31st!

But in promo code "10OFFPROMO" during the checkout stage!

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions, my info is listed in my signature.

TDI
04 BEW Golf
If you buy from VW. Which is not the OEM of the connectors.
Does this image look familiar?

It's called the Timer Interconnect System made by TE Connectivity, formerly Tyco Connectors.
This is the PDF Product. It has almost every connector, pin, socket, etc that you could ever possibly use on your VW. Including specification on the correct way to crimp.
(Some of the newer VW connectors are Amp, also made by TE and still use the Timer Interconnect pins)
This is everything that Mouser has available for the timer series.
Grommets are $.107 each, at 25 you get a price break to $.075.
Pins are $.203, $.20 price break at 10.
[I don't mean to cut into your but end connector sale but I'm a stickler for OEM wiring]

Great info, thanks!

cr4zy3lgato

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta 2000
I want to order the terminal tools, but when checking out through paypal the shipping fees to Quebec aren't added... can you also confirm I can remove pins from airbag connectors (6x0 972 773)?

EDIT: works now, but shipping costs are 13$?

Last edited:

REDNECKDZL

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta, 2015 Jetta, 1984 Wabbit TD, 1986 RX7 waiting on AHU swap
I'd like to order a set of tools, but when it takes me to paypal, the money converts to USD, so they are getting pretty pricey

TDI
04 BEW Golf
I'd like to order a set of tools, but when it takes me to paypal, the money converts to USD, so they are getting pretty pricey
They are sourced in the US and with the current exchange rate I had no choice but to start charging for them in US dollars also especially as most sales are to our US cousins.

I have numerous sets in stock and shipping everyday.

Cheers,