Alarm System Disable

Sky King

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 New Beetle DSG Trans.
I thought I posted something on this awhile back but could not find anything and my search yielded nothing as well. :) So here goes....

This alarm has GOT TO GO!!! I need to deactivate or disable it. I'm fed up with it and that is final. NO fixes... I don't even bother locking my car anymore. 2006 NB.

For the guy that designed and built this alarm system...I'd like to have a electric shocking device hooked up to him/her and every time a VW anywhere gave a false alarm, it would give him/her a shock. Then I'd lock my car all the time.

Any help with this will be greatly appreciated.

Take Care,
Gene

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
So you're getting false alarms? What does vag-com say the last alarm sources were? It keeps track of the last 4.

If you want to stop the alarm from arming unplug the switch on the hood latch. Then it should think the hood is open all the time.

-Jason

Sky King

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 New Beetle DSG Trans.
compu_85 said:
So you're getting false alarms? What does vag-com say the last alarm sources were? It keeps track of the last 4.

If you want to stop the alarm from arming unplug the switch on the hood latch. Then it should think the hood is open all the time.

-Jason
Heh heh heh. Sounds like a plan !!

I just got my spanking new VAG-COM a couple of weeks ago and only used it yesterday to do my Trans Fluid. So this VAG will tell me which sensor is causing the problem...hmmmm... curious the VW dealership has never been able to address this problem and we have tried on at least 3 occasions and they said the replaced the rear hatch switch.

On a side note, I was driving home in the rain a few months ago and the hatch light kept coming off and on as I drove. Then...after I got out of the car the alarm sounded a few minutes later. I'm not saying this is or isn't related but it is a pain in the @$$ and I just don't want to deal with it any more. This problem existed long before I ever saw the light blinking as I drove.

I've read on this forum about the 3rd brake light leaking and causing the sensor to react. I've been doing much reading on this forum concerning alarm issues and it I don't read about closure in any one of them.

Thanks so much for the quick response.

Also...what is the location of the switch I can disconnet on the hood ?

Thanks again,
Gene

Last edited:

elmo_want_beer

TDI
99.5 Jetta TDi
Ok, I know it sounds crazy, but I want you to try pulling out the interior trunk light and disconnecting it from the harness. Doing that solved a bunch of problems I was having...

puter

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS
stopping the alarm from arming by making it think the hood is open is a bad idea.

It puts the alarm into a state that causes a much higher current draw. You will run into a lot of dead batteries.

elmo_want_beer

TDI
99.5 Jetta TDi
I would like to completely disconnect my alarm since it doesn't disarm half the time when I unlock the door with the key... then I set it off when I try to start the car. I don't need the alarm anyway.

I can't pull the fuse, because that causes the immobilizer to kick in.

What to do?

mrGutWrench

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Jetta Wagon, 5-speed, 563K Miles (July '23)
elmo_want_beer said:
I would like to completely disconnect my alarm since it doesn't disarm half the time when I unlock the door with the key... then I set it off when I try to start the car. I don't need the alarm anyway.

I can't pull the fuse, because that causes the immobilizer to kick in.

What to do?
__. I found the same thing with my '02 sedan. It didn't recognize that the driver's door had opened since the alarm was set "off" and the alarm rearms itself. Try unlocking the doors, opening another door then shutting it, and then get in the driver's side and start the car. If this prevents your alarm from going off, then you've diagnosed that you need the "$3 stupid door fix".

(I know that that doesn't help you do what you really want to do but it will buy you a little time without all the alarms going off.)

Last edited:

oldsouth

Did you ever get this problem sorted out? My '06 NB is doing the same exact thing. Rear hatch light showing it is open while driving when it is not and the alarm going off after exiting the car and locking the doors.

puter

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS
$3 fix is in my sig. Should resolve most alarm problems, take a look and see if you have the symptoms.

I've had to fix two of the microswitches...it gets easier with repetition :)