2002 Jetta Wagon 5speed

djc330

TDI
04 wagon
I have a Jetta wagon 5speed that i bought off the original owner that ordered it.
he was a very meticulous owner that has a log book with all the maintenance and every fill up and what mpg he achieved on each one. it is a gls completely loaded with steering wheel volume and cruise control sunroof heated side view mirrors heated leather seats. I d have the rear headrests i just don't have them in the pictures and i have the rear cargo cover in tan as well. It also has tow package with trailer light hookups. just rolled 170k miles i bought it with the intentions on amping the performance up a little bit and daily driving it but my commute to work isn't nearly as long as it was so i cat justify keeping it with a 5 miles commute.
Maintenance ill just start at 140k miles he has records from new in the book
new 100k timing belt kit at 100k
142kmiles-fuel filter front brakes and rotors
143k miles 4 new Michelin tires filled with nitrogen
avg mpg 49.5
150k oil change and filter rotella
152k trans oil changed
153k new front rotor under warranty
48mpg avg
159k rear rotors and pads oil and filter rotella
160k new rear brake lines
50mpg avg
4/7/17 165k reverse light switch
replaced temp sensor
48mpg avg
168k Injectors sent out rebuilt with 517 bosio nozzles
right passenger caliper replaced
3/5/18 169k oil filter change filter mann rotella
new fuel filter 49mpg avg
170k New rear main seal
single mass flywheel cut and balanced @auto machine in st.charles il
new SACH power clutch and pressure plate
new TOB new fork and pivot bushing. all new stretch bolts for flywheel and pressure plate.
Karma TDI Q-loader with 2 tunes 1 for eco
and one power tune. I am still currently breaking new clutch in so its set on eco tune currently getting an easy 50mpg.
The car is truly in fantastic condition. It would be hard to find better example of a alh wagon with good miles.
I am asking 7500for the car OBO
if you dont like the price thats fine you don't have to buy it not in a rush to sell it. Car is located in Geneva il 60134
https://imgur.com/a/Pq1xr

Last edited:

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
Ouch. It might be higher miles, but that kind of maintenance history makes it worth a bit more I'd say
170k miles is not high for a 2003 TDI. It's actually a bit on the low side. High miles would be ~300k miles or more.

JBjunior

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat Wagon/05 Passat Sedan/03 Jetta Wagon
Ouch. It might be higher miles, but that kind of maintenance history makes it worth a bit more I'd say
You are the high price crusader. I am in the Seattle area now, have you posted your wagon for sale yet?

quantum_tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
R320 CDI, '96 B4V (for sale)
You are the high price crusader. I am in the Seattle area now, have you posted your wagon for sale yet?
Not really - wagon needed part of floor pan rust repair & the guy helping with the HVAC broke one wire in my cluster wiring so now I get to sort that out. Sedan probably selling tomorrow

quantum_tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
R320 CDI, '96 B4V (for sale)
170k miles is not high for a 2003 TDI. It's actually a bit on the low side. High miles would be ~300k miles or more.
Yes, but to the average person anything over 150k is high, and despite the fact that we know better prices generally don't reflect that these engines can go forever compared to many out there...

crash400

Veteran Member
TDI
Yes, but to the average person anything over 150k is high, and despite the fact that we know better prices generally don't reflect that these engines can go forever compared to many out there...
I think the bigger deal is the insurance--I can't insure my 2003 Jetta for more than KBB value. So buying one for more than that is risky. I might think a car is worth more, but if it's totaled right after I buy it, I'm potentially out $4k when they only give me $4k for the car.

MTjake

Veteran Member
TDI
What is the current asking price? It's hard to decipher after multiple price drops. Can I make an offer ("OBO")? Or is it still "if you don't like the price don't buy it"? You may have more luck selling if you clarify your pricing strategy. Undercarriage pics would also be helpful. Looks like a nice wagon.

djc330

TDI
04 wagon
Sorry for the confusion from the price drop it is 7500 obo. I do have the receipts for most of the work and his logbook, timing belt was done at 100k with a 100k kit. I will take some undercarriage pics today thanks

Mike in Anchorage

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Touareg Lux, 2015 Golf Sportwagen SE, new 4 Sept 2017;2009 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagen (Ruby) sold to VW on 22 SEP 2017
Any car without a black interior is worth extra, IMHO.

djc330

TDI
04 wagon
Ok smart ass it’s worth what someone is willing to pay these don’t go by kbb but apparently the alh wagon market is down and that’s why it ObO if your not interested in buying or don’t have a question then don’t comment

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
Ok smart ass it’s worth what someone is willing to pay these don’t go by kbb but apparently the alh wagon market is down and that’s why it ObO if your not interested in buying or don’t have a question then don’t comment
There is a floor under the price of manual-transmission ALH Golfs and Jetta wagons if the chassis is solid and rust-free and the interior is nice; leather seats are a plus; if the maintenance is up to date; how many miles until next timing belt replacement; second set of tires for winter; and if there are reasonable performance upgrades. That price will vary by region, as West Coast Mk4 TDIs are typically priced higher than elsewhere.

There are Jetta TDI wagons advertised on Craigslist locally for even more than the asking price for this one -- one for $8000 and it has an automatic transmission! Crazy!

merk

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Jetta sedan, 03 silver wagon
DJ, I think you misinterpreted my post...It happens... I sold my 95 pretacoma pickup for $4500... most guys who looked at it said it wasn't worth 2k... The right toyota guy came by, appreciated all the work done to it and pealed off $4500 without hesitation. So I understand, hang tough and the right buyer will surface...peace brother...