Baro sensor

Muskrat619

Veteran Member
TDI
01 mk4 tdi alh
What should the baro sensor be reading? I live in delaware 450ft above sea level my baro sensor is reading 999.6 I’m having a misfire and white smoke have replaced everything but ecu and injection pump

Franko6

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Jetta, 99, Silver`
The MAP will indicate Millibar pressure. Don't expect it to be exact, or so accurate that you can figure altitude plus today's local barometric pressure. If the MAP(mass air pressure) and your MAF(mass air flow) are working, that is not your issue. MAP under WOT should max at 2300-2500mb, then drop to around 1900 for stock application. MAF should read 255-275 and go up to 850 at WOT.

Depending on the misfire, if it is a dropped shot, a regularly mis-firing injector or a stumbling would mean different things. White smoke when cold could be oil, fuel or water. How white? What does it smell like? Does it evaporate? Is it white only when cold? Is it blue smoke, really?

Have you run VCDS to check for codes? If not, you are shooting in the dark.

More information or it cannot be pinned down.

Last edited:

Vince Waldon

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 ALH Jetta, 2003 ALH Wagon, 2005 BEW Wagon
Any ideas?
Per Frank's post, you'd need to call the local weather station, at the time you took the reading, to correctly answer your question. :)

Also per Frank's post, perhaps backing up a bit in the timeline would be helpful: what exact problem are you trying to diagnose, what symptoms are you seeing, what exactly have you already tried, and yes, can you arrange to have the vehicle scanned with a VW-specific scanner like VCDS? :) :)