Turbos

Nicrocc

TDI
Golf
Hello all, I have a blown turbo and I need to buy a new one. Rock auto has about six to choose from. Are there specific turbos for California cars. I have my eye on the MAHLE brand they seems reportable, and the price is right in the middle. My friend tells me to be cautious because of emission differences on specific models. I have an o3 golf

Kalter|Tod

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta (BRM)
Need more info on the car...... What year and engine does it have..... Please post so we can help you

flee

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS wagon
If it's an '03 Golf it is an ALH.
No reason not to get the Mahle turbo. Maybe consider getting one from one of the trusted vendors here.
I actually have one on the shelf 'just in case'.;)

mahir

TDI
1.9TDI ALH
I also need to replace my turbo also alh. I found a used one but idk if i should take it.
What should i look when if i take it and when installing it shouldi put some oil inside it.
My turbo looks like this it whiness and the car seems like it loost allot of power.

Also is there a guide for buying used turbos on this forums. I've saw one some time ago but idk where.

benIV

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 PG 5m Jetta GL Sedan, 2003 RS 5m Jetta GLS Wagon (Golf Variant)
i am replacing mine. I'm buying the garrett vnt-15 to replace. it's what it came with originally. I was considering vnt-17 but several members have said they replaced with a vnt-15 and it works great. My car has no performance upgrades, but some using the vnt-15 to replace have minor upgrades and it still is a great replacement fit.

Lots of options. depends what you want.

Last edited:

Nicrocc

TDI
Golf
If it's an '03 Golf it is an ALH.
No reason not to get the Mahle turbo. Maybe consider getting one from one of the trusted vendors here.
I actually have one on the shelf 'just in case'.;)
Hello thanks for your advice. Are selling this turbo?

Nicrocc

TDI
Golf
I also need to replace my turbo also alh. I found a used one but idk if i should take it.
What should i look when if i take it and when installing it shouldi put some oil inside it.
My turbo looks like this it whiness and the car seems like it loost allot of power.

Also is there a guide for buying used turbos on this forums. I've saw one some time ago but idk where.
Turbo buying guide that sounds like a great resource

flee

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS wagon
Hello thanks for your advice. Are selling this turbo?
Nope, we have 2 VW's that are old enough to need a replacement VNT-15 someday.
I bought it from one of the trusted vendors (IDParts) that had them on sale. Just in case!

Last edited:

UhOh

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 & 2003 Golf GLS (2005 Mercedes E320 CDI)
All of the reputable brand VNT15s will be plug and play (no emissions concerns). MAHLE has been reported to be a good unit. You can purchase wherever you wish, but I always look to buy parts from this site's supporting vendors because they are great (always stand behind their sales; and they're here on the forums providing great input).