No media available on my headhunt

Tunathefishy

TDI
Black 2011 Jetta TDI Highline
No media available on my headUnit

Hi guys, I have a new to me 2011 jetta TDI high line. It has the RCD 510, Without the phone button.
My issue is that i cannot stream bluetooth audio to it, I cannot play through my Aux cord, and my steering wheel "phone" button and "voice command" buttons do not work. The 3 buttons (bluetooth, mute, voice command) near the sunroof switch do not work either.
When remove all CDs from the unit. and push the media button, it states no media available, even if my aux cord is plugged in. it will show the "Cd", "Sd card", "media in" and "bt-audio" but the 3 are greyed out and the device will only play from the CD even if i try telling my iPhone to play the song to VW phone.
when my phone rings, i hear it loud and clear through the car, but i have to manually pick it up on my phone then send it to the car since i can't answer it with the answer button on the steering wheel
What could be the issue here? i have unplugged the head unit and plugged it back in. I have unplugged the bluetooth box under the passenger seat and plugged it back in.
I am not sure what else to do. Any insight would be helpful!

Last edited:

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
It sounds like you may have the 9W3 bluetooth which is not capable of streaming audio.

If you want, PM me your VIN and I should be able to tell you.

Or you can google the part number on your bluetooth. See if you can find out if it is a 9W2, 9W3, 9W7, or some other version of bluetooth. Not all of them are capable of streaming audio.

Tunathefishy

TDI
Black 2011 Jetta TDI Highline
i purchased a vag com. i had to enable the aux feature, which now works.
the phone button on the steering wheel is still not functioning, but the volume up and next track work.
the 3 buttons on the roof do not work either. still couldn't figure it out.