replacing motor mounts on 09 Jetta

MaroonB4

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW with three pedals
Is this something I can take on at home? I have found an 09 with 139k on the clock that the owner is asking $4950 for. He claims it just needs new motor mounts, I have not been able to look at it yet. I haven't owned/worked on one newer than the MK4 ALH, so this would be a new animal for me. I am always looking for good TDI flips, and from pricing the motor mounts and the car it looks like I should be able to make a couple bucks if I can do the work in my garage.
Thanks!

C3156

Veteran Member
TDI
All sold
As long as you have a floor jack and jack stands, it should not be an issue.

Based on mileage, I would be interested in if the HPFP had been replaced or not.

MaroonB4

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW with three pedals
Is the HPFP a wear item, or does it just take a dump at random intervals? never mind, will just use the 'search' function before i am flamed unnecessarily like some newbie...LOL

Thanks for the input guys...i never even thought about the DPF

meerschm

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Jetta wagon DSG 08/08 205k buyback 1/8/18; replaced with 2017 Golf Wagon 4mo 1.8l CXBB
good idea to check into the DPF, but there is no reason to think it would be a problem at only 140k. some folks have put more like 250k on them before the ash loaded up.

on the other hand, some DPFs crack.

do you have a VCDS to scan it with?

check the tailpipe for soot.

South Coast Guy

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta TDI wagon
Is this something I can take on at home? I have found an 09 with 139k on the clock that the owner is asking $4950 for. He claims it just needs new motor mounts, I have not been able to look at it yet. I haven't owned/worked on one newer than the MK4 ALH, so this would be a new animal for me. I am always looking for good TDI flips, and from pricing the motor mounts and the car it looks like I should be able to make a couple bucks if I can do the work in my garage.
Thanks!
I would be a little suspicious; why would a car with that few miles need new motor mounts? I don't think I have ever seen a posting about failed mounts on '09 diesels.