FS: 1996 Passat TDI sedan, $1500

westyman

Veteran Member
TDI
'90 Syncro 16" highroof camper mTDI project; '97 Passat TDI sedan 'parts car'
Another of my customer cars, I am advertising it here for him:
1996 Passat TDI sedan. Well-maintained, high-mileage, 5-speed 4-door sedan. Mileage is approximately 355,000, original instrument cluster was replaced very early in the life of the car. It has been professionally maintained its entire life, all scheduled maintenance done on time including oil changes with Shell Rotella 5W40 synthetic or similar equivalent and German Mahle or Knecht filters. It also had a Gulf Coast bypass filter installed early in its life, providing extra filtration of the engine oil. Almost all mileage was commuter highway miles of over an hour each direction.
Current known issues or negatives: Heat output poor. Rear defogger not working. Headliner material was sagging and has been removed, leaving behind the hardboard panel. Shock absorbers are near end of life, especially rear - but not 'terribly bad'. Much of the clearcoat on the hood, roof, and trunk has flaked off. The right rear door appears to be the only panel that has ever been repainted. Dents in LR quarter, RF fender, and surrounding the grille.
Extra set of wheels, three with snow tires at 50%, one new tire non-snow type. The car currently has Kelly all-season tires in excellent shape with approx. 75% tread remaining. All service records. Recent repair: renewed A/C, timing belt, exhaust, #3 injector, and strut repair - $1700. I serviced the car from 43--260K, another professional the last 95K. Runs great, not many Passats have had the attention to maintenance this one had! I expect this car should easily go another 100-150K. $1500 or will consider reasonable offers.
Full set of photos here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/76366863@N07/sets/72157640898443543/
More views can be taken by request from serious buyers. Please contact owner, Tom, at 301-991-4815. Located an hour west of Washington DC/Baltimore.