Injection pump timing under acceleration

TimA6

TDI
Audi A6 1,9TDI
Hello all TDI owners!

I am having some problems with my year 1998 Audi A6 1,9TDI (81kw). It start perfectly when hot and cold and mostly drives also well. But in sometimes when driving it starts to sound a bit rough and loses power (accelerates but very poorly). No check engine light or fault codes are stored. Problem goes away after I put it into neutral and rev the engine for a second. I had 05500 in the memory but after deleting it, it has not come up again. So it could have been something else from the past.

So I connected my computer and VCDS and started testing. All seems fine but then noticed some strange thing about injection timing. I added the picture below. Red area shows acceleration when I had the problem and then some seconds later problem was gone and second acceleration (green) was fine. For some reason the actual injection was far from the calculated injection on the problematic test.
Picture is here:https://imgur.com/a/L5z9J7L

Do you have any ideas how to proceed? :confused: Can it be faulty injector or injection pump? What is controlling the injetion timing? Injection timing on idle is correct and cold start is perfect.

Also as you can see "Duty cycle" was flat when the problem was present. Any ideas what this means?

Last edited: