Suspension

Vpstang

TDI
Jetta Sport wagen
Im trying to figure what strut replacement I should fo with. My JsW is a daily driver, be nice to get the solo werk adjustable kit, its cheap, but im worried it will be crazy stiff, this is a practical car, no track use.
Had anyone used these??
Shoukd I just replace struts w oem.
Thanks in advance for suggestions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YoungDieselstein

Veteran Member
Orem, UT (Formerly San Diego, CA and Clarksville,
TDI
Ferdinand "Ferdie" The Wagon: 2003 Jetta Wagon, Reflex Silver. RIP 3/2019
Bummed to see 0 replies to this. Did you find info elsewhere? I'm not a 'car guy' but trying to determine if my shocks/struts are ready to replace.
Not sure with these newer cars if the old 'bounce test' from the old days is still a valid way to determine if it's time. XD.

Pharcyde145

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW 6MT
Most folks around here are more into lifting their JSW with Tiguan springs, could be some of the reason why you haven't seen a response. A lot of information can be found on the vortex, but most of it is opinion because things like tire pressure and bushing life need to be factored in.

If you notice your tires cupping, or see fluid leaking down the shock tube those are pretty reliable signs that it's time to replace. The bounce test still works, but you're looking for prolonged bouncing, meaning more than one up and down cycle. If the strut is working properly, not leaking fluid or cupping your tires it should absorb the bouncing motion quickly.

The price for the solo kit is attractive for sure, but for me personally I'd either go with eibach/H7R lowering springs (1.5" drop) and some Koni yellows (also adjustable) because I've had success in the past with hot wagons on the same set up (and put good cross country mileage on to boot), or just go AirLift be done with it and never feel a bridge joint or road seam again.

Looking forward to what you end up deciding.