www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Classifieds/For Sale/Wanted > Vendor & GroupBuy items for sale

Vendor & GroupBuy items for sale VW TDI/Diesel related items for sale by vendors and Groupbuys. The only commercial posts to these forums are that of Vendors with TDI related equipment. To start a post, you must be a Registered Vendor. You may periodically post a note about products you may have for sale/services so long you indicate clearly you are from the company selling these products/services. The right to discontinue this practice & remove excessive posts remains with the operators of TDIClub. Please note there is also a webpage of TDI Vendors" Group-buys are permited if sponsored by a registered vendor.

Old July 20th, 2017, 11:15   #121
shortysclimbin
Veteran Member

Hmm.. I will need to check on this. The idea is to decrease the roller diameter but keep the spacing the same for the normal one. Then a second roller will be located with a customer spacer and diameter above the water pump but between the alt. A custom bracket will be needed for this as well. This would result in a lower belt setup similar to this:

Optionally, a slicker design, would be to create a custom water pump housing that allows for a VR6 12v waterpump to be used in it. doing this would mean you just change the water pump, housing, pulley, and belt for a very tight and off the shelf package down the road.

Stock water pump housing:

VR6 pump (note it runs reverse from 1z/ahu and 6A motors)
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-graf-par...21121004x~grf/

Maybe you can come up with a custom housing offering? your tooling setup is perfect for it and honestly a lot of us running these engines would use it.

Benefits include:

1) elimination of the v belt that always flies off or slips (causing power steering to stop and water pump to stop)
2) increase clearance in engine bay by ~15mm. this is especially important for swap guys
3) increased life of belts and water pumps.
4) potential for heavier duty belt use (I need to check on this with gates)
shortysclimbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2017, 07:21   #122
thechoochlyman

TDI(s): 97 Passat
Fuel Economy: 47.5 daily, 51.4 highway

I'd need some more details and measurements, but I'd be completely willing to work with you on this project for everything you need.

1997 Passat 5 speed - No longer bi-tone
2.5" Straight-pipe exhaust CCV/EGR Deleted Malone Stage 3, 2.0 IQ Autometer Gauges Billet Stuff
Billet Coolant Flanges - Idler Pulleys - CCV plates - Window Guide Clips
thechoochlyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2017, 09:04   #123
thechoochlyman

Would anybody get excited over TIG welded coolant flanges? Just send out some photos for a quote from a local welder.

With some of the other products I'm being approached to make, getting welding done will be a must.

2.5" Straight-pipe exhaust CCV/EGR Deleted Malone Stage 3, 2.0 IQ Autometer Gauges Billet Stuff
Old July 21st, 2017, 09:38   #124
shortysclimbin
Veteran Member

I would more than likely jump for a tig welded version and hard anodized black.. Reason is.. I want the engine to look factory with them getting as old as they are, looks are getting important.

I'll keep you posted on the belts concept. I most likely need to find some old parts and design something up.
shortysclimbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2017, 09:52   #125
thechoochlyman

Anodizing would probably best be left to the customer. I could have it done, but leaving out the middleman (me) would allow it to be less expensive. I've actually looked for Anodizing companies local to Bardstown, KY, and have had no luck.

Old July 21st, 2017, 10:06   #126
JETaah

Fuel Economy: 53 max, 42 min, average 46

There are more than a few of these anodizing tutorials on YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cp2gHZaZ-1Q

I've never tried it.
JETaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2017, 17:09   #127
Lightflyer1
Veteran Member

Get a quote from here:

http://www.usanodizing.com/pricing.htm

They are recommended for AR15 work.
Old July 31st, 2017, 07:18   #128
thechoochlyman

So the welding deal fell through. My local guy wanted way too much per piece. Therefore, I'm selling this flange as a "do it yourself" item that needs the 1" barb welded in. I already sealed in a 5/16" barb for the return hose. $120 for this one. It did come back to the shop as an exchange, so it's previously used with a bit of wear on it. Doesn't affect functionality, obviously.

Old September 27th, 2017, 19:42   #129
Mongler98
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Race: 12mpg, Gandma:65mpg

Can you make the part that holds the AC coolant temp sensor located within the upper hose right before your awesome part i got from you? I run my car hot at the track and some times it gets up to 120F for a small bit and the plastic part has warped and is now letting a tiny drip out when its cool. i have replace the o ring, its just warped. You should make it so that you can just splice out the old area and put your part in so that the barbs (nipple) comes past far enough to cut and replace it. or even more so for the future, put this sensor bung on your upper hose adapter and just make it longer to take it so we can run Non AC hoses
Mongler98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2018, 11:40   #130
thechoochlyman

Wow, last post here was one day short of a year ago? I promise that wasn't intentional...

Still have four brand new coolant flanges ready to roll. Always low price of $125 shipped with PayPal sent to legacymoldandtool@gmail.com

Old January 25th, 2019, 07:02   #131
thechoochlyman

Three coolant flanges in stock!

Old November 6th, 2019, 11:09   #132
rallywagon
Veteran Member

Price for lower flange for CCV on an AHU? Delivered to 28806? No plug needed as I will pipe it up.
rallywagon is offline   Reply With Quote