Sad to go

torrimac

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 TDI Sedan DSG
Friday was my last day. I jumped ship into a 2014 Altima. It fit the bill, is comfortable to drive, and gets decent fuel mileage. My 2011 will stay parked until I get drawn for buyback.

I was not that active on here but I lurked quite often, at least until all the negative crap started happening. I am selling most of the stuff that I bolted onto my Jetta since I got it so go check out the marketplace if you are interested.

It has been fun, and I had a blast driving it. Especially after the DPF failure and non replacement.

Stay safe everyone and keep chuggin!

DieselOG

TDI
11' 335d Msport-----R.I.P. 12' Jetta TDI Stage 2
I bailed and found an 11' 335d msport and absolutely love it, RIP Tdi

dirtysouthjacket

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta TDI Premium 6MT, 2004 Jetta TDI GLS (sold)
thanks for wanting attention
Hey lighten up, crappy attitudes is one level up in the emissions section.

Plenty more people will be posting to say goodbye for many different reasons. So be cordial and appreciative for the longer time a member has spent here than you. Otherwise find another forum to be negative in.

torrimac

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 TDI Sedan DSG
Hey lighten up, crappy attitudes is one level up in the emissions section.
Plenty more people will be posting to say goodbye for many different reasons. So be cordial and appreciative for the longer time a member has spent here than you. Otherwise find another forum to be negative in.

Thanks, Attitudes like that are why I quit coming to the forums in the first place. People like you Dirty, are why I started this thread. :)

dirtysouthjacket

Veteran Member
TDI
Yeah man, it stinks what has happened, but now that the process has started for most owners to make a decision... Maybe there will be some closure. I've actually thought about making a "Goodbye" thread for people to post all their positive memories from Fred's.

bennybmn

Veteran Member
TDI
(Formerly) '11 Jetta 6 speed, Alltrack 6MT
I like the idea of a goodbye thread! Maybe the trolls won't bother :) We all came here for different reasons, and a lot of that wasn't made apparent until this scandal broke. Now it seems some people are taking it personally when someone leaves... It's ALL good! I've gotten a lot out of this forum, so any farewell I post will be fond.

dirtysouthjacket

Veteran Member
TDI
Yeah, it would also be good to put a donate button for TDIClub as well, since its all volunteer run. I have had countless times this forum saved me piles of money. None more than when I had a timing belt break on my '04. That still cost me $3500 doing the work myself, but would have cost double if I had taken the car to a dealer and maybe even a guru. Really I have DanG to thank for his help and shop space.

But yeah, I might just go ahead and do the Goodbye/Thank You Thread... wonder where the best place to make it would be... I'll hit up one of the mods.