A Proper Allroad 3 liter Conversion

Lucian189

Veteran Member
TDI
3.0 TDI CR
Ok I have read all the thread and found that you used an 01e ,so 95% may quattro gearbox will accept the 3.0,at least for a while :)

Ifixit

Veteran Member
TDI
97 B4 Passat GLX TDI Wagon & 99 Golf & 05 Passat 4motion Manual & 04 Audi A4 Avant
Just curious.. what series ECU is that in the photo?

TDIMeister

Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast, Moderator at Large
TDI
TDI
I'm closer to considering an Allroad+TDI swap, but wondering for cars with air suspension and wanting to keep it, how could one keep the ECU control and adaptation blocks from the original gasser ECU with that from a TDI? I guess one would have to source a Euro Allroad TDI ECU...

ta79pr

Veteran Member
TDI
02 TTQ (BEW)
The air suspension module only needs a speed reference via the K-line. It is also connected to the CAN bus so it can talk with the ABS/ESP
"The driving speed signal ... ... is a square-wave signal produced by the dash panel, the frequency of which is changed in accordance with the vehicle speed. ... is required in the evaluation of the driving condition (stationary/driving mode) and thereby for selection of the control criteria (see “Control concept”). The interface for the driving speed signal is redundant, as the information regarding speed is also transmitted by the CAN bus. K wire Communication for self-diagnosis between control unit J197 and the diagnostic tester takes place via the familiar K wire by means of conventional data messages. The self-diagnosis K wire must not be confused with the K wire connecting operating unit E281 to control unit J197." [SSP 243]
But you would need a diesel cluster for the glow plug indicator - the EDC16 ECU is not happy with a gasser cluster.