Recommendations for 2011 JSW wiper blades?

TDIAustin

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW, MT, Red/Cornsilk
Time to replace the blades. Not really interested in hassling with the rubber insert replacements-just want to get a couple of replacements without paying dealer prices. Most recent the search function came up with was Walmart has some Michelin ones for $12.99 each. Anyone replaced theirs lately? Thanks.

TDIAustin

Veteran Member
TDI
Thanks Mike, good suggestion. Here in Austin it may or may not be raining in back of the car, ha.

I went ahead and ordered these. From the reviews, they fit perfectly, simple to put on, look and perform like OEM and may be since Bosch makes their OEM, and they are $14 less than the dealer cost. I might could save a few bucks with a different brand but, all things considered, this seemed the way to go.

Last edited:

meerschm

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Jetta wagon DSG 08/08 205k buyback 1/8/18; replaced with 2017 Golf Wagon 4mo 1.8l CXBB
Be sure to check close when the package gets to you.

I ordered other blades for my son's car and one came dirty, obviously used. someone returned the old blade and whoever processed the return did not look close enough to see, and shipped to me.

they made it right, shipped actual new ones via expedited method, but the lesson is to not wait till the last minute if you order auto parts from amazon.

afarfalla

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat sedan and 05 wagen
wiper blades

whatever my 13 came with from the factory, I am the most impressed with, go OEM

TDIAustin

Veteran Member
TDI
Well, according to several reviewers, these Bosch are identical to OEM and might be. But as long as they do the job, I'm happy. This is not that big an expense that we can't take a chance, expecially when the OEM are over priced.

meerschm

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Jetta wagon DSG 08/08 205k buyback 1/8/18; replaced with 2017 Golf Wagon 4mo 1.8l CXBB
I ordered my second set of the bosch back in June, but the set I put on last fall still are doing a great job.

TDIAustin

Veteran Member
TDI
Wow, I put these these Bosch on in less than 30 seconds, thanks meerschm, great recommendation.

witecap4u

TDI
'10 Sportwagen TDI
Im using the Silblades. They've been on for about 3yrs so far and still working like new. The mounts are kinds sucky and one came loose initially. One of these days I might pull the rubber and put it in the stock blades. This is what I did on my wifes mini which is also running silblades for about 2.5yrs.

Diesl

Veteran Member
TDI
'78 Golf Diesel (long gone); 2012 Jetta Sportwagen TDI w/ DSG
After quite a bit of searching ( initially only the Boschs came up), my local Carquest found me an exact fit for $13 or so (passenger side). The original one (Bosch?) ripped after less than two years, so I'm not too impressed with those.
They also gave me a refund on some motor oil that I bought ages ago, even though I didn't have the receipt. So here's a plug for Carquest.