www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKV-A5 Golf/Jettas

VW MKV-A5 Golf/Jettas Discussions area for A5/MkV Jetta/Golf (2005/2006 PD and 2009 CR).

Old February 25th, 2017, 11:03   #1
Dalon

Fuel Economy: ~42
Default BRM Shaking/Vibration issues

So I have made threads on this but I'm not convinced yet that it is solely the camshaft causing my issues if it is. I had a timing belt service done on my car in August and ever since then my car has some shaking/vibration at low and high RPM. At high RPM, it gets worse as the RPMs increase. I am wondering if there is a problem with something related to the timing belt service? I read the tensioner can cause these symptoms and was wondering if anyone else here had an input on it? Thanks.
- I am going to have my camshaft inspected for wear at my next oil change. -
2006 Jetta TDI - 190k - EGR & Cooler Delete - ECS Dog Bone Insert - Frank06 Cam - Mufflerectomy - VAG-COM Mods: Disabled: Seatbelt chime, cold diagnostics, TPMS, and DRL - Tail lights set to 40% brightness, Recoded cluster to UK, Coming/leaving home, Remote windows, Unlock all doors when key removed from ignition and unlock all doors with one click

Last edited by Dalon; February 25th, 2017 at 11:14.
Dalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2017, 18:51   #2
Marinel
Veteran Member

If the crank pulley was dropped during the timing belt change then that could cause vibration.
Old February 26th, 2017, 18:49   #3
paramedick
TDIClub Enthusiast
Vendor

If it's a dsg, listen to the flywheel, too.
Old February 27th, 2017, 13:04   #4
Dalon

Quote:
Originally Posted by paramedick View Post
If it's a dsg, listen to the flywheel, too.
The dealer replaced my flywheel after this and it hasn't changed the noise
2006 Jetta TDI - 190k - EGR & Cooler Delete - ECS Dog Bone Insert - Frank06 Cam - Mufflerectomy - VAG-COM Mods: Disabled: Seatbelt chime, cold diagnostics, TPMS, and DRL - Tail lights set to 40% brightness, Recoded cluster to UK, Coming/leaving home, Remote windows, Unlock all doors when key removed from ignition and unlock all doors with one click
Old February 27th, 2017, 13:05   #5
Dalon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marinel View Post
If the crank pulley was dropped during the timing belt change then that could cause vibration.
I had the dealer verify the work and they said it was done properly. I spoke with Frank06 and he recommends I check my torsion value so I am going to source a OBDII cable and do that and I'll update this thread!