Uploading photos to the TDI Club Photo Gallery

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
Has anyone experienced problems uploading photos to your photo albums here in the TDI Club photo gallery?

For about a month, from time-to-time, seems the small Icon on the bottom left of the page doesn't load for me. It's the Icon that allows you to browse for photos on your PC or another web site for uploading to the gallery.

Any thoughts?

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
Well, I still cannot get the photo thingy to allow me to browse for photos.

I've been through FaceBook all afternoon, the Samba, etc., loading pics with no issues at all. So, I don't think the problem is with my Internet provider.

Could someone go in and see if they can get the Icon to browse for pictures?

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 5 speed Lagoon Blue Metallic(sold); 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon auto
Andy, I just uploaded a photo onto TDIClub.

Next question is do you have either a smartphone or a tablet? If you do, I highly suggest downloading the app "TapaTalk" it is SUPER easy to upload photos with it compared to TDIClub.

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I'm using the same Fujitsu LapTop that I've used for almost a year.

I cannot get the pic thingy to work with my Desktop or my wife's Sony with Windows 8 .... not sure what's going on!

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
Are you having trouble uploading the pic to TDIClub or are you having trouble linking an already uploaded pic to a post?

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I can post anything I already have in my Albums in the TDI Club Photo Gallery..

The problem I am having is the Icon (hope that's the right term) that you click on that allows you to Browse your PC or other device to find a pic and then upload is not coming up. It will show for an instant and then disappears. Sometimes when I go in the Icon never shows up. Everything else looks normal to me.

I've logged-out and back in without any change!

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
Have you tried updating you current browser? Other than that, I have no idea...

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Update browser

Maybe that is what I need to do!

I'll give it a try!

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
In your post, the test photo is just a small round circle with a line through it. All the other posts with pics are visible...
Yeah, I was wondering if that was the issue you were referring to being your problem...

phaser

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta PD - 490k
I haven't been able upload any photos here for several months either.

Uploading to anywhere else is no problem.

Last edited:

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Well, at 3:00 am this morning, it worked but not very good... The Icon to select photos to upload was very slow about coming up. Everything else on the page snapped up really fast.

Not sure what's going on!

Shenandoah

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta Wagon; 2005 Beetle; 2004 Jetta; 2002 Golf (three of them); 2002 Jetta Wagon; 2000 Audi TT->TDI; 1999 Beetle
Just uploaded one this morning. First time in a couple years. It didn't show up right away, I had to click on something to complete the transfer, then it was there.

Eric

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
I also noticed that you used to be able to post scrollable text in a post. But the button doesn't seem to work that way anymore.

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Well, I can post existing pics from my TDI Club Photo Albums............... not a problem! The issue is being able to upload from my sources (SD Card, on my PCs, etc.) to the TDI Club photo gallery.

So, here I am several days after I started this post and still cannot upload pics.

I just finished uploading several photos to Face Book with no issues at all!

ApriliaNut

Veteran Member
TDI
06 pkg 1 Jetta 191k w/Malone Stage 2
Has anyone experienced problems uploading photos to your photo albums here in the TDI Club photo gallery?

For about a month, from time-to-time, seems the small Icon on the bottom left of the page doesn't load for me. It's the Icon that allows you to browse for photos on your PC or another web site for uploading to the gallery.

Any thoughts?

I'm perplexed also.
So just exactly where is this "small icon on the bottom left of the page..."?
Is it under your avatar at the bottom? All I have there is the little circle saying the person is online or not; and the yellow exclamation point triangle "report this post".
I'm trying to insert a photo in the body of the copy of the posting itself; not a link.
Thanks!

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I'm perplexed also.
So just exactly where is this "small icon on the bottom left of the page..."?
Is it under your avatar at the bottom? All I have there is the little circle saying the person is online or not; and the yellow exclamation point triangle "report this post".
I'm trying to insert a photo in the body of the copy of the posting itself; not a link.
Thanks!
This is how I do it: (to Upload pics to my Albums in the TDI Club photo gallery).

1. At home page, click on Forums
2. Click on Photos on the blue bar (EDIT: Once inside at this point, you will have to log-in on right side of page...same user name and password).
3. Click on My Albums (or create an album and go into it)
4. Click on one of the Albums (or to the right of the Album, Click on Upload Photos). I generally click on the particular Album to make sure the photo I want to upload should go there (my purposes)
5. Inside the Album, top right, Click on Upload Photos

Next, once that page loads (step 5 above), scroll down to the bottom of the page, look to the left............ You "should" see a block (Icon) with the words: Select Files for Upload

Okay, that Icon (Select Files for Upload), more often than not, does not appear on my PC or any other PC I have in this house.

Continuing with the process of uploading pics:

6. Click on the Icon (Select Photos for Upload). At that point, your Browser allows you to go to the source of the photo, SD card, file in the PC, CD, Flash Drive, etc.

7. Next, click on the photo(s) you desire to upload to the album. To Upload more than one photo requires you to press the Control Key while clicking on the photos. I never do more than four at a time.

8. Once the photos have "completed" the Upload process, you will be prompted to Upload/Submit.

9. Next, you will be given the opportunity to provide a title, description, etc., pertaining to each photo you have Submitted. I think a lot of people drop the ball here ........... comments about the pic is very helpful to the viewer.

10. Now, Click on Process....

At this point, your photos have been successfully Uploaded to your Album. Note: You can create multiple Albums, such as, My TDI Engine, TB Change Photos, Disc Brake Pad Photos, etc.

Now, to post a pic in a Thread you are reading, you need to have two TDI Club web site windows open at the same time. The second window is where you go to the photo album for the pic you want to copy and post.

I'll let you figure out that for yourself.........

Last edited:

ApriliaNut

Veteran Member
TDI
This is how I do it: (to Upload pics to my Albums in the TDI Club photo gallery).

2. Click on Photos on the blue bar
4. Click on one of the Albums (or to the right of the Album, Click on Upload Photos). I generally click on the particular Album to make sure the photo I want to upload should go there (my purposes)

Next, once that page loads (step 5 above), scroll down to the bottom of the page, look to the left............ You "should" see a block (Icon) with the words: Select Files for Upload

Okay, that Icon (Select Files for Upload), more often than not, does not appear on my PC or any other PC I have in this house.

6. Click on the Icon (Select Photos for Upload). At that point, your Browser allows you to go to the source of the photo, SD card, file in the PC, CD, Flash Drive, etc.

7. Next, click on the photo(s) you desire to upload to the album. To Upload more than one photo requires you to press the Control Key while clicking on the photos. I never do more than four at a time.

8. Once the photos have "completed" the Upload process, you will be prompted to Upload/Submit.

9. Next, you will be given the opportunity to provide a title, description, etc., pertaining to each photo you have Submitted. I think a lot of people drop the ball here ........... comments about the pic is very helpful to the viewer.

At this point, your photos have been successfully Uploaded to your Album. Note: You can create multiple Albums, such as, My TDI Engine, TB Change Photos, Disc Brake Pad Photos, etc.

Now, to post a pic in a Thread you are reading, you need to have two TDI Club web site windows open at the same time. The second window is where you go to the photo album for the pic you want to copy and post.

Thanx Andy. I'll give it a shot.

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Seems there is a tutorial on how to upload and post pics....

ApriliaNut

Veteran Member
TDI

2. Click on Photos on the blue bar

Err....so I get to your initial point #2: and get to the page with the various categories on it e.g. "Car pictures" "Member Albums" "GTG Pictures" etc. etc.
But I see no "Create an album" area to click on and I have none that I had done previously (b/c I didn't know this was the way it was done in the 1st place lol!) to go into.
Grrr....

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
Try simply logging into pics.tdiclub.com, click on My Albums, it will prompt you to Create a New Album. Then select the new album and click Upload Photos

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Try simply logging into pics.tdiclub.com, click on My Albums, it will prompt you to Create a New Album. Then select the new album and click Upload Photos
Yep! I left out the part about logging-in!

Also, keep in mind, this Thread was started to see if anyone else was having issues with the Icon I referred to in Step 5 in my outline!

Last edited: