Fuel/oil additive help

Dominicdx

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
New to the TDI world. I was trying to see if anyone would recommend any additives or cleaners for the OIL or Diesel.

Sea foam? Lucas?
And special conditions for oil or Trans Oil

Thank you

tikal

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Passat Wagon (chainless + 5 MT + GDE tune)
If you would consider biodiesel an additive the general consensus is up to 5% biodiesel if you have a CR and higher percentages if not a CR for proper lubrication. Many diesels at the pump already have biodiesel if you do your research.
Also for severe winter conditions there are a number of fuel additives that people use (do a search here to find a sample of them).

Oil additives are in general terms very controversial and not accepted as it is agreed that a proper diesel synthetic oil (VW 505 505.01, 507 or HDEO depending on the year of your TDI) already have all the additives you need.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
In Texas there is no need at all for any additives for your 2006. Waste of money. Use the proper oil or one of the good ones discussed here on this forum and fuel from a decent high volume supplier. Anything more than that is just fooling yourself and a waste. There are those here who have done just that and put many, many hundreds of thousands of miles on their cars with no issues. Do some reading here and you will see what I say is true. There are times when additives could be used for special situations such as cold weather to prevent freeze up of the fuel (not relevant here) or for water in fuel (never found any). Most fuel is winterized by the suppliers when needed and water has never been a problem for me in 15 years.

hajes

TDI
Skoda "Hilda" Octavia HR I
engine oil additives are useless.

fuel additives useful, especially in countries with crap fuels. I use Liqui Moly "acceleration" additives or even normal ones. The acceleration focused are great if you are willing to spend more money.

I usually combined fuel additives with ECU remap...reduced ignition delay, better combustion....without additives I get over 50km less on 700km fuel tank...especially, in third world countries such as Czech Republic where I was born...cetanes make noticeable difference over winter and at partial load at low revs.

EU diesel suppose to have 52 cetanes but there is rarely over 48 i n Austria/Germany.

Fuels have less sulphur, zinc because emissions...paradoxically, those two element are used as wear protection in engine. I never had injection system problems so I dare to say that they don't lie if they say it lubricates injection pump and injectors.