vacumme pump noise?

p930man

Veteran Member
TDI
2013, 2002 jetta, 06 tdi jetta
Hello folks, your are already helping with another issue on the engine light issue. Got a new one, this car is new to me but I have owned a bunch of TDI' s. I have a vacuum pump or something running under neath the glove box area, intermittently turns on and off. I have never seen this before and have no clue what this could be! Anybody have a clue.

p930man

Veteran Member
TDI
Folks, this a internal noise, in the car, sounds almost like air suspension pump running. It under the glove box, in the car!

Rob Mayercik

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS, Baltic Green/Beige
There are three cars showing in your profile: 2013 Jetta, 2004 Jetta, and 2006 Jetta.

Which one is making the noise?

p930man

Veteran Member
TDI
Gentleman, I just picked this one up, its a 2006 jetta, 162k, I stole it, im ashamed. lol
The other 06 is my stepsons. I think maybe its the abs pump, dont know

p930man

Veteran Member
TDI
could be, damn I never thought of that. I'LL SHUT THE FAN OFF AND TRY. Good thinking, let you know!

p930man

Veteran Member
TDI
tactdi, its not the blower motor, it really sounds like a air pump. it turns on when i first start the car, then comes on intermittently. Damn i have had many tdi's and this is a first that did this. maybe the abs pump on the other side of the fire wall, dont know

p930man

Veteran Member
TDI
Okay gentleman, still chasing my actuator problem. This issue sounds like a air pump, but its not. it runs when I first start her then runs intermittent. Maybe the abs on the other side of fire wall. Strange! I'm not a total idiot. Want to bump this, please understand

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
The recirc door motor is bad.

Common, they all eventually break especially if you do not disable the stupid "feature" that puts the HVAC in recirc mode every time you place the transmission in reverse. I've done oodles of them.

Take the glove box out, then a little plastic bracket, then the motor.

p930man

Veteran Member
TDI
Okay Hammer, thanks buddy, you have helped me in the past and I think you just did it again. I bow to your prowis. lol Thanks Buddy

p930man

Veteran Member
TDI
okay hammer, I ordered a new motor. My belief in you is supreme. Have not pulled it out yet, but I believe, Thanks my friend!

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
You are most welcome. Hope you get it fixed without too much headache.

Remember there is a "hidden" glove box screw under the access panel in the cubby ahead of the gearshift area.