New member, Wanna meet Toronto TDI owners

Liav

TDI
2001 Jetta TDI GLS
Hey everyone,

I am new here and I was wondering if there are any get togethers in Toronto. So far my experience with this forum is very pleasent. The people are nice and so I wanted to know if Toronto has any members who do get togethers. I would appreciate meeting some people and maybe getting some help with my car's ventectomy. I also wanted to discuss which tuning chip is the best and some of the costs and installation places I can go to in order to make sure that it's done right etc. Input is welcome.

OmegaRenegade

Vendor
TDI
2004 Jetta
as for GTG's there havnt been many this summer however in the fall/spring month even a couple in the winter some of us meet up at local timmies and talk cars. Theres a big meet August 17th (VagKraft) cant remember where but theres a post on here somewhere advertising it.

Welcome to the Club!

craig01b

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None
Welcome, using the search engine and looking around, you will find endless opinions on chips, nozzles and upgrades. Putting your type and year of car in your signature will also help. Reading tdi101 is also a good place to start.

There seem to be a couple of gtgs on the horizen for intake cleaning, and just showing up (not to do any work, but watch and ask questions, or offer a hand) is always welcome. And usually a few of the people involved have modded cars to one level or another.

Have fun,

Craig

Toronto_Vento

Top Post Dawg
TDI
01 Baltic Green Bora
Welcome! Get ready to sit down and read read read. There are a few tuning options for these cars, and a few avenues to take. If you have an automatic tranny, depending on the car year you bought, you might be in for a surprise (rebuild) down the road. If you bought a 5 speed, well, good for you. :D

Read around, and don't be shy to ask questions. Just don't ask "what's the best chip for my car" as that will lead to wars of biblical proportions.