Dressed up the engine bay

Diverb

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SE 6mt
I sent off the engine & air filter box cover to be hydro dipped. I was just tired of looking at the blah black engine compartment. I have hydro dipped several other engine components on my other vehicles and have been happy with the appearance. Its a cheap way to dress up the engine bay, and it lasts too. My boat engines and my truck have been done for 2yrs and they still look great.

G][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

Diverb

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SE 6mt
I paid $220 and that included the shipping. If you zoom in close on the picture, you can see the film under the blue which has timing chains, pistons, valves, and general car parts. Its kinda cool I think. I've got all my cars and boat engine covers done just to jazz up the engine bay a bit. Even though since I do my own maintenance, I'm really the only one who sees this crap, but hey I like it

Last edited:

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
Whatever floats your boat, but I can think of better things to spend money on. Just my 2¢.

Terry270

Veteran Member
TDI
03 golf, 10 A3
Whatever floats your boat, but I can think of better things to spend money on. Just my 2¢.
This is a reminder that TDIforums are made up of 2 groups of people. People who own TDIs because they are cool and you can drive it like you stole it and get 40mpg, and people who own them because they are tighter than a turtles *** lol.

I went to a TDI gtg with a friend years ago, he had a cool TDI over 450 wtq and ran low 12s in the 1/4 while still pulling off around 40 avg mpg. MOST of the guys there had a comment to make like "aren't you mad about the loss of fuel economy with those mods?" I made sure to tell them how gay they were lol.