Anyone near RI or Southern MA

TDI
2011 JSW TDI
Me and the wife just bought a Jetta Wagon TDI 2011. Traded our 06 2.5 for this black on black beauty... I'm just looking to find some guru's close by i'm a toyota 4x4 guy myself but i can fix almost anything i like to think... Just looking to learn more about the TDI Mods, bugs, fixes, etc..

PeterV

TDIClub Enthusiast, HO5G Doyen & Zen Master
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
Come to the HO5G GTG in So NH this next weekend. You need Gurus well we will have most of the northeasts BEST here..

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
Yes, please! I'd be nice to see a new TDI without dealer minions incessant "What'll it take to get you into this?"and "How much a month can you pay?".
I'll bring a bib so I don't drool all over it....

tdisky

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL (hers)
Me and the wife just bought a Jetta Wagon TDI 2011. Traded our 06 2.5 for this black on black beauty... I'm just looking to find some guru's close by i'm a toyota 4x4 guy myself but i can fix almost anything i like to think... Just looking to learn more about the TDI Mods, bugs, fixes, etc..
Hey neighbor,

Welcome to the Club. Hope to see you at a GTG sometime soon. See you around town - my license plate is DZLDUB.

Skyler

TDI
2011 JSW TDI
Hey neighbor,

Welcome to the Club. Hope to see you at a GTG sometime soon. See you around town - my license plate is DZLDUB.

Skyler

Well It's the wife's car but i drive it any chance i get or will get lol... What is GTG?? Sorry i don't know vw terms yet lol... I'm a big toyota guy... Trying to read as much as i can about the new toy:) So i can fix it once the warranty is up.

TDI
2011 JSW TDI
Yes, please! I'd be nice to see a new TDI without dealer minions incessant "What'll it take to get you into this?"and "How much a month can you pay?".
I'll bring a bib so I don't drool all over it....

I got the dealer to give me 2010 price and some rubber mats lol... I really busted his balls about the mats cause he wouldn't budge on the price.. I got 7k for the wife's 06 Jetta 2.5 everyone else wanted to give me 5k i said no way.
I don't think i can make it anywhere next weekend i work 7 days a week, that's the breaks if you want to run your own company lol... I might be able to make something else though in the future.

tdisky

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL (hers)
Hi Shaggin',

I just sent you a PM, but GTG stands for Get Together, where members meet up, perhaps do some mechanical work, and also work over a BBQ, etc. Many times there will be tuners, suppliers, etc. It's a great way to meet the members here; keep an eye on the Eastern US forum, since local/regional GTG's are posted there.

MikeS_18

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Jetta Wagon, '13 Passat SE, '64 Ford Econoline
Your best chance to get up to speed is this Saturday in southern NH. There will be probably 30-40 TDIs over the course of the day and the best TDI gurus and parts guys in the Northeast if not the country (I don't want to start a battle). I understand the run your own company thing, but it will be the biggest thing until late fall. And it goes til 11pm so close shop at 4pm and drive on up.

TDI
2011 JSW TDI
Oh man.... I got to talk to the wife.... I'm really not that guy who's wife has him by the balls ( complete opposite really) but i know we have plans in the afternoon and i'll work from 5am till like 1pm..... Geez putting me on the spot ahh??? She' not even into cars lol so don't know how into it she'll be.. I'm gonna have to see i do want to go sounds like a good time and gets my mind off my truck lol... Give me the location is it private property or a park or something?? I'll see what i can do.

TDI
2011 JSW TDI
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=287881

There is as much eating and socializing as there is wrenching and several wives attend with their gear-head husbands and still have fun.

Well we'll see.. I just read the post on it in the region section. Sounds cool. I would probably learn a bit there, i'm curious and somewhat confused by the whole tdi and vw world. LOL But i'll see if i can make it. where is the list for what I should bring for food is it in that post?

Mcgink

Veteran Member
TDI
I-Red,"The Passat formerly known as Harlequin" 97 B4, a non VW GTDI too
Me and the wife just bought a Jetta Wagon TDI 2011. Traded our 06 2.5 for this.
If the 2011 can be chipped, Then feeeel the RC love for sure.

Jeff, we need window sticker/decal type things for sure for our chipped cars. Hook us up :D:D:D
TIA