Just Purchased - 14 Passat TDI 6-Speed

TDI
'98 VW Golf mk4 (euro)
Wow this is an awesome car! Coming from a mk4 golf tdi so the Passat is a big improvement. Sad I'll just sell it back to VW soon though.

It has over 50k miles with full service history, is there anything I should look for to get me through the couple months I'll own it?

Trade Wind

Veteran Member
TDI
RIP 2012 Passat SE 6 spd MT
They are a great ride! Wish I still had mine, but sadly a few clutch retainer-spring teeth broke off out of warranty, and it only made sense to sell it back at that point.

Other than the obvious fluid level checks, don't worry about a thing. Drive and enjoy.

mikew85120

TDI
2014 Passat SE TDI
My 14 Passat SE TDI is the second thing that they can pry from my cold dead hands. 45 mpg highway.

buffa98

TDI
2013 SE DSG White/Cornsilk
I can't remember the date, but if you didn't own it before the story broke, you are not eligible for the buyback.

Trade Wind

Veteran Member
TDI
RIP 2012 Passat SE 6 spd MT
I can't remember the date, but if you didn't own it before the story broke, you are not eligible for the buyback.
Not true. Cars purchased between September 2015 in June 2016 receive a reduced restitution payment that amounts to $1000-$2000 less. But unless the fix has been performed on a car, all current owners are eligible, with the minor exception of a few types of salvage-title vehicles.

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
Why would you Purchase this wonderful car just to turn around and sell it back? Absolutely makes no sense......they have a fix for it now! If it is such a great car why not keep it and do the fix come with a great warranty.....

TDI
'98 VW Golf mk4 (euro)
Why would you Purchase this wonderful car just to turn around and sell it back? Absolutely makes no sense......they have a fix for it now! If it is such a great car why not keep it and do the fix come with a great warranty.....
There is no fix for the manual passat. $7k profit after turn in is why. But I'm going to drive it for a little bit.

ezshift5

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI (Enroute BB).......2017 Jetta 1.4 turbo 5M ....................
My 14 Passat SE TDI is the second thing that they can pry from my cold dead hands. 45 mpg highway.
Yes. You and Señor Heston. I agree with #1........(but my 6M is going back)

ez

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
Not true. Cars purchased between September 2015 in June 2016 receive a reduced restitution payment that amounts to $1000-$2000 less. But unless the fix has been performed on a car, all current owners are eligible, with the minor exception of a few types of salvage-title vehicles.
I purchased my 2015 on May 31st 2016 and I am getting 2 payments. One should be shortly since I had Phase 1 done already.