Is She Totaled

vette9190

TDI
2013 Jetta TDi SEL
What do you think will they fix her?

This happened yesterday on the way home from work

Took these to at the scene but didn't get a great look at her till this morning.
I limped her home( I was close maybe 5 miles) and she was Ok( Steering wheel sideways, front wondered around a bit) till i made a right turn then the dash lit up like a christmas tree.

Its hard to see from the pics but, the tires are both pushed in and I can't open the passenger doors

nord

Veteran Member
TDI
All turned back to VW. Now a 2017 Hundai Tuscon. Not a single squalk in 10k miles.
No airbags deployed so I'd give you about 50/50. If they decide to repair, then make sure you're compensated for the loss of value do to the accident record at CarFax.

Anyway... Tough break. At least you weren't hurt.

Debra Morgan

Veteran Member
TDI
Memories of a fantastic 2015 Jetta
As the owner of a 6th gen black Jetta, you have my sympathy. Glad youa re Okay!

I will vote for total, which may be the better outcome.

Good luck!

Geobmx4life

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Golf Malone tuned VNT 17, FMIC
We were hit in our 05 Golf TDI a few years ago, looked similar...$6800 damage and they repaired it...I'd say as long as the car is straight, they'll fix it.

vette9190

TDI
2013 Jetta TDi SEL
Pictures may not show it but the front tire is pushed back and almost touching the inner fender at the firewall area and the rear tire is pushed forward a good inch. I could not open the passenger side front door after this.

I know years ago I side swiped a tree in my Firebird and caused similar cosmetic damage but no suspension damage and they totaled it after the estimate hit $12,000
In fact I just realized its at the same shop right now too.

leicaman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE, 2005 TDI GLS, RIP
It just doesn't take much to get those estimates up these days. Good luck vette on dealing with insurance.

Cincy_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat SE TDI
You will have the sue for loss of value. Insurance companies just won't hand that out.

Steve Addy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
97 Mk3
Yes, they'll likely repair it but will it ever be right?

I'd want the body shop to go over it again to make sure that everything was accounted for in the estimate.

And as others have said you need to insist that the insurance company compensate for loss of value due to reported accident in carfax et al.

Steve

BT3076

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 cr
They will possibly write up an updated estimate when they start to dissemble the car. That is exactly what happened when I got into an accident with mine. Original estimate was around $9k and after they took the bumper, fender and tire off, the actual estimate was north of $10k. Nothing will be overlooked.

vette9190

TDI
2013 Jetta TDi SEL
When I spoke with them Friday they said the engine cradle and suspension was damaged.
I think they did a fairly good job on this estimate. I suspect if it does change it won't be by much. Hope I hear something about the car today.

splash07s

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI 6M
When I spoke with them Friday they said the engine cradle and suspension was damaged.
I think they did a fairly good job on this estimate. I suspect if it does change it won't be by much. Hope I hear something about the car today.

I doubt it is totaled. I have many years experience both repairing cars and wrecking them, they will more than likely have to write a supplement to the orginal estimate to cover damage that is discovered during the reapir process. You may have to fight the insurance company on the loss of value, I have never had an insurance company just offer that up to me. I would say that there is damage to the suspension, control arms, tie rods, wheel bearing, and possibly the drive shaft. This is where the bill starts getting high. Stay on them and make sure they dont use refurbished parts, common when replacing wheels.