Remote start and VCDS

Matt927

Veteran Member
TDI
several
Anyway to code out the motor shut off when door is opened after remote start?

Thank you

Rico567

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium (Turned in 7/7/18)
This was discussed in another thread some while back, and the consensus was- apparently not. The remote start on our Passat never worked to begin with....

jafische

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 (A3) TDI SEL Premium (Reflex Silver / Moonrock)
I have not found a way to code that out. My remote start works fine.... just shuts down the engine with any door opening. I had heard they have fixed that on newer models, not sure what year.

jjblbi

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat SEL TDI
Rico, check with Vcds for any stored codes as these disable the remote start function. At least it does for my'14 Passat.

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
Why would you want to disable that?:rolleyes: Anyone can jump into your car and take off if the engine would not shut down on door opening.

It's a safety feature !!!!

tadawson

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL, 2015 Passat TDI SEL
Not really . . . I have other vehicles that interlock to the tranny. Stays running, but can't put it in gear without shutdown. The wear and tear on the starter is unneccessary . . .

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
Not really . . . I have other vehicles that interlock to the tranny. Stays running, but can't put it in gear without shutdown. The wear and tear on the starter is unneccessary . . .
Wait until you get a car where the engine shuts off as you are waiting at a red light and then starts up again when you hit the accelerator pedal, and I'm not talking ELECTRIC cars.

Besides that this thread is about a VW !

dzampi

TDI
2013 Passat TDI Highline
Just drove a rental with remote start...the way it works it is awesome, you start the car, unlock it, get in and engine is till running...in order to drive off vehicle key has to be present and you still have to press the start button to activate the dash (rpm's fuel gauge etc.) and at this is time when it lets you shift into drive. If you try to drive off and key is not present then it shuts off....

Wish this procedure was in my Passat as well as this shutting off when entering vehicle is bullocks :D:D

tadawson

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL, 2015 Passat TDI SEL
Wait until you get a car where the engine shuts off as you are waiting at a red light and then starts up again when you hit the accelerator pedal, and I'm not talking ELECTRIC cars.

The reply was to the naive remark: "It's a safety issue" in that I showed you how others have solved the issue in better ways, and no less safe . . . And I would not willingly buy a turd with auto shutoff . . .

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,

Those start stop systems isn't just coding change its also substantial hardware change including a nice pricey powerful AGM battery and most likely a beefier starter, and yes VW does have them all over the world except here.

MyAvocation

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2017 Passat SEL TSI
I noticed a long coding bit for auto start/stop on the TSI. Not interested in tinkering with it.
Still trying to get rain sensing windows working.