Bigger wastegate turbos

bennyvatten

TDI
Audi 80 Avant 1,9tdi
I was wondering what kind of updates you have done to your wastegate turbos. This forum is filled with info about the VNT-turbos and updating them, but i would like to know what kind of replacement you have used for the GT15 or the KKK03 if you are looking for let's say 150+ horsepower.

mojogoes

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk3 tdi golf
T25 with a 360 thrust b / gt28bb cut back on exhaust , others have used the gt20 and Simon aka tdi-rs will be using a holset hx35? on his new setup.

Last edited:

bennyvatten

TDI
Audi 80 Avant 1,9tdi
Thank you for your reply! Can you specify the rpm range? When does it start to give boost? How high boost and what kind of other mods you have? I was planning on getting a gt20 or perhaps a custom built hybrid. Gt20 is with a 3-bolt flange isn't it? Anyone tried it?
What does the underlined part mean: "T25 with a 360 thrust b / gt28bb cut back on exhaust" ?

mojogoes

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk3 tdi golf
A t25= Garrett which had a 300 and 60 thrust bearing which is more robust than standard , the Gt28bb is a Garrett gt28 ball bearing turbo which has had the exhaust wheel clipped to allow it to flow more air through it.

There are various mods one can implement to a turbo which could/can be miscrewed as being called a hybrid...........mostly to inable it to either flow more or spool faster.