Las Vegas Mechanics

diesel_climber1

Veteran Member
TDI
06.5 TDI Package II, Blue on Black. 01 TDI GLS baltic green (RIP), 2011 BMW 335d M
Recently moved to Las Vegas and trying to find some folks who work on TDIs. Have an 01 Jetta GLS that I'm gearing up to do some aftermarket work on. Is there anyone in town or do I resort to more time with coworkers on Saturdays?

edfcmc

Veteran Member
TDI
howdy ben. I dont know of any good mechanics out there. Although, it seems everyone I know always goes to Findlay VW for their basic needs. At one time, I was going to check out beetlebarn in NLV as well as Wolf Automotive (almost every pre 99' gas jetta in town seems to be serviced by wolf dms) but never got around to it. Let me know what you find out.

Last edited:

edfcmc

Veteran Member
TDI
Update.
There is a KVBC news producer on Greasecar.com that swears up and down that Wolfgang Blum of Wolf Automotive is the guy to go see as he takes his WVO '91 jetta to see Mr. Wolf.

diesel_climber1

Veteran Member
TDI
06.5 TDI Package II, Blue on Black. 01 TDI GLS baltic green (RIP), 2011 BMW 335d M
I'll try and get up there for my next diagnostic. Wouldn't happen to know anyone with a Vag-Com? After my last run with AutoNation, I wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy!

edfcmc

Veteran Member
TDI
I have vag-com/timing belt tools if you need to check things out.

p.s. Haycock petroleum now has a b20 pump for public use with cardkey (pre-pay or credit). B20 pump is on A street/Washington near downtown.

diesel_climber1

Veteran Member
TDI
Great news on the b20! I had given up on finding it out here. Any chance of using your Vag-Com to get rid of my glow plug CEL? Replaced the glow plugs and wiring harness but the CEL's still on. 720-352-5175