Who got the payment from BOSCH?

Jimbo70

Veteran Member
TDI
None currently
Normally I wouldn't revive a zombie thread, but this seemed better than start a fresh one. Five years after we returned our Passat (I miss that car) yesterday my wife randomly received a check for $40.27 from Bosch, out of the funds remaining after the settlement period.

The TDI gift that keeps on giving I guess.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
Got one for the Golf yesterday. Hoping that the check for the JSW is in the mail today.

former-tdi-owner3

TDI
Golf
Another $40.27 check here (in the U.S.). At first I thought it was some sort of scam, but apparently not, as I see what appears to be the Bosch Settlement website has posted an update which says:

"UPDATE: ... the remaining settlement funds are being distributed pro rata to eligible Class Members. The final pro rata supplemental payment will be issued in February 2022"

40 bucks is better than 15 cents, I guess. ;)

- former Golf owner, now have a Jetta

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
Now if only VW would come up with another $5000 for my JSW!

chief poncho

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta
Received the $40.27 Bosch check too. Got one for each of my cars turned in. Will VW do a similar settlement payout with the remaining funds? Hmmm?

tactdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2005.5 Jetta
I have moved twice since turning in my 2011 Jetta, hope the check follows me to my new address. (Did get the original check from Bosch).

path_tech

TDI
2009 Jetta TDI Sedan w/DSG
Wow, we got ours as well. Heck, I traded the car in last year. Oh well, it will fill the tank on my 2021 Honda Insight. BEFORE the whole Diesel Gate, my Jetta TDI was the most fun to drive.

Unfortunately, the emissions "fix" just ruined the car. I will never buy a VW again due to my distrust of the company. Congrats to everyone that's getting these checks. We deserve it.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
Got my $40 today. Steak dinner tonight!

TDIforDays

Veteran Member
TDI
few of each 2.0 and 3.0
We turned in a LOOOOT of them in and getting stacks of envelopes every day since last Thursday. Absolutely incredible.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Got my second check on Saturday. Guess I'm done with the "free money. Maybe that $40 covers the loss of efficiency since the repair on the JSW.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
popcorn and milk duds for the next off the rails thread!

FJ40Jim

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Golf GLS 5MT, '12 JSW DSG
I have an unfixed 2012 JSW. I see that it's too late to submit a claim. Just curious if I could have submitted a claim back in 2019, even though the car was never fixed? I don't want the fix, but I would like $40.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I think you could have submitted the claim against Bosch but not VW without getting the fix.

ZippyNH

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 JETTA TDI SE
I have an unfixed 2012 JSW. I see that it's too late to submit a claim. Just curious if I could have submitted a claim back in 2019, even though the car was never fixed? I don't want the fix, but I would like $40.
$40 is the SECOND check from unclaimed $$ from BOSH that was leftover from the first round of distribution....
So I think it's definitely too late to make a claim.