urgent help p[lease !! TDI engine cutting out......

Richardsoc

TDI
Leon tdi
Hi

I have a seat Leon 2001 1.9 tdi asv engine and have recently had a new n75 solenoid fitted. But this morning I broke down,

if reved high it either cuts out and wont start for some time, and then sounds like theres no compression. or, also after the wont start problem, itll just run on a few cylinders and beltch smoke until, after some gentle reving, it seems to un stick something which then alows the engine to rev, and the smoke clears.

When I disconnect the air mass it sounds and revs fine and when I drive it , it doesn't cut out there's just not as much power there was befor.

There are no fault codes

Any one help...

Thanks rich​

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
It could be the maf, they don't often throw a code, any chance of borrowing one off someone elses car?

farmer56_10

TDI
01 VW Jetta 1.9 tdi
Id like to know what u find out because my jetta is doin the same thing and i borrowed a senor from my buddies car and it didnt change anything

augie dog

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat
I have a 1996 Passat and I have the same issue only it happens on initial start up if you rev it too high or if you put it in gear and accelerate too fast. With the morning temps being cooler hear I have been letting engine warm up some before I take off.

uzi_cupra

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Ibiza Cupra TDi
I have a 1996 Passat and I have the same issue only it happens on initial start up if you rev it too high or if you put it in gear and accelerate too fast. With the morning temps being cooler hear I have been letting engine warm up some before I take off.
Sounds like an over boost issue...

jublybug

TDI
octavia 1.9 tdi asv
Was there a resolve to this I'm having the same problem with a Skoda asv tdi , changed cts maf vac pipes and repaired pump pressure valve . .

Jim