1997 glx passat to tdi conversion!!! $6,000 obo

Rjbatson

TDI
1997 passat
I'm looking to sell my 1997 TDI passat! It was a GLX but was converted into a TDI (it has the awesomeness of a TDI with the beefy body of the GLX!). It only has 21k miles on it as all work was done at mile 0! There are some body issues that need to be addressed (such as the tightening of the door handle on the drivers side, and drivers side window track) but the engine and everything else that is important is brand new!!!! Im a motivated seller looking for $6,000 but will consider other offers! Please contact at rjbatson2017@gmail.com if you're interested!
New Shocks
New brakes and roters
New Calipers
New 15 inch wheels
New engine
New battery
All blue hoses are custom made silicone
New clutch and presser plate
New intercooler and comes with a spare that only has 130,000 miles on it
New transmission
Has euro headlight kit (runs from the battery not the dash)
Engine came from Bora parts on TDI club site
All work was done at 0 miles
Turbo has 10,000 more than odometer says (it came from a used tdi)
Almost all work was done by Steve Carol (tdiclub recommended mechanic)
And has been serviced at Deisel Land by Anute
Has a little hail damage

Last edited:

MarsBar

Veteran Member
TDI
B4V#2 "Flash", 2000 Jetta GL, B4V#1 "PaTuDI" (2008-2018 RIP)
Hate to tell you, but sedans go for about half what wagons do, and $6k would be pushing it for a wagon.

Rjbatson

TDI
1997 passat
Thanks for the advice! I just put a starting price on there, I am very willing to hear any offer someone puts forward. I started here because it is a unique sedan in that it is not the normal tdi body, but it's the GLX, so its a bit "beefy"er. Also, everything but the body is brand new! Like I said, I'm a very motivated seller and will hear any offer anyone makes!

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
There really aren't that many differences between a GLX and a TDI. Hubs and brakes, steering bits, some interior features, especially if your car has leather. If it does some interior photos may help. Otherwise they're the same car.