Golf sportwagen possible to add heated seat?

South Coast Guy

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta TDI wagon
Of course; it depends on how much you are willing to spend. First you would have to purchase a seat with the heating element and wiring. Expect that to cost several hundred dollars new and less from a wrecked car. Big problem would be the wiring. Again, expect several hundred dollars in labor costs to route wiring, etc.

rc74racer

TDI
2015 GSW SE TDI
You don't need seats. You can buy aftermarket elements on Amazon for less than $100 and install them yourself. You just need to be comfortable taking your seat covers off, wire them up and install the switches. If you're not comfortable doing this an upholstery shop will do it as the post above stated.

dvandentop

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW
thanks yeah i knew about the kits like posted above one dealer i talked to said they could make it factory style but only drivers seat for some reason. i didnt get a price i am sure it was $$$

thanks for the replies

manyVAGs

TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI
The driver's seat only comment could be related to the passenger seat sensors which tell the air bag system if the seat is occupied and if so, the weight of the occupant.

mnflycaster

TDI
Jetta SportWagen 2013
My dealer in MN can do it for $550. Aftermarket system. They can only do the back of the passenger seat because of the airbag sensor in the bottom seat. I am buying a golf sportwagon s... I'm thinking of just buying a pad and not worrying about it. The retrofit does mean that they have to tear a lot apart and do some splicing etc... 3 months a year is all I need heat like that and the seats are cloth anyway.

FiveLugNut

TDI
2015 GSW TDI S
Heated Seat

A few months ago I had my Drivers seat professionally install a heated seat.

2015 GSW TDI S

They did a nice job and the Low/High switch is mounted on the side of the seat.

The back and seat both have really nice heat. It feeks hotter than stock dealership ones.

Its expensive but worth it!!!:D

badufay

Veteran Member
TDI
2017 GTI S, 6 spd man; 2017 Jetta SE TSI, 5 spd man
If you can wait, there willprobably be a surplus of seats in the junk yards from all the unfixable TDIs...maybe

larrydk

Veteran Member
TDI
Sportwagen
how much

A few months ago I had my Drivers seat professionally install a heated seat.
2015 GSW TDI S
They did a nice job and the Low/High switch is mounted on the side of the seat.
The back and seat both have really nice heat. It feeks hotter than stock dealership ones.
Its expensive but worth it!!!:D
How much was it?

Mrrogers1

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT, 2011 Jetta TDI DSG, 2015 Golf Sportwagen S TDI DSG
Thank ya

Don't know the brand. Had it done professionally.
Thanks for the response. Could you post a picture of your drivers seat that shows where the switch is and most importantly, what the switch looks like?