G12 antifreeze

Fahrfuwerfuelen

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2005 (A4), Platinum Gray
Fred:

That's what I've been telling them. 3yrs. and not a drop lost. Suddenly, I drop 1/4 inch in a little over 2 months. So where is it going?

dok

Veteran Member
TDI
'96 B4V
Fahrfuwerfuelen said:
It would be interesting to see how fast they would be to replace parts once the warranty has expired and the owner has to pay the bill.
If you were out of warranty, then parts would be replaced, a charge incurred, regardless if those parts had anything to do with the problem.

Fahrfuwerfuelen

Veteran Member
TDI
Latest update. Had the car in at the dealership again yesterday. Asst. Service Mgr. called w/ questions about how I determined the coolant leak. Told him I smell coolant after vigorious acceleration and the leak is most likely at the EGR Cooler. He says they will pull the EGR cooler and inspect. Told him it would probably take about 3 hrs. and as it was now 2:30pm, they would never finish before closing. I offered to e-mail him a copy of the complete M6 recall packet, including removal/repair instructions, with diagrams. Less than 1/2 hour later, he calls and says the job is more like 4 hrs. Based on my symptoms, they are ordering a EGR Cooler kit replacement even though my car is outside the VIN numbers specified in the recall.

Now have to wait 1-2 weeks for the new parts.

redmondjp

Veteran Member
TDI
'96 Passat Sedan
Fahrfuwerfuelen said:
Latest update. Had the car in at the dealership again yesterday. Asst. Service Mgr. called w/ questions . . .

Yeah, living in paradise sucks that way sometimes, eh? :p;)

VFchicago88

Banned
Fahrfuwerfuelen said:
Latest update. Had the car in at the dealership again yesterday. Asst. Service Mgr. called w/ questions about how I determined the coolant leak. Told him I smell coolant after vigorious acceleration and the leak is most likely at the EGR Cooler. He says they will pull the EGR cooler and inspect. Told him it would probably take about 3 hrs. and as it was now 2:30pm, they would never finish before closing. I offered to e-mail him a copy of the complete M6 recall packet, including removal/repair instructions, with diagrams. Less than 1/2 hour later, he calls and says the job is more like 4 hrs. Based on my symptoms, they are ordering a EGR Cooler kit replacement even though my car is outside the VIN numbers specified in the recall.

careful, the dealer screwed up my M6 recall, and other users too.
Even a young apprentice tech at the dealer said his car had the same symptoms as mine after the recall... they take shortcuts on this one.

NorthernMage

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta TDI, 6MT, Platinum Grey
Excellent, I guess perserverance pays off, as does having the information from this site to back up your analysis.....

Fahrfuwerfuelen

Veteran Member
TDI
NM--

I was able to secure the EGR Cooler recall docs from this site. I think that persuaded the dealer I knew what I was talking about and was able to see thru their BS.