RallyVW Pikes Peak. HELP!

TdiRacing

Vendor
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI Cup
I want to keep everyone informed of our progress to go to Pikes Peak this year. We have recieved enough money to pay the entry fee and part of our lodging costs. We still need a minimum of $3000 to make the journey.

We are looking for potential sponsors and any help with fundraising. I would hate to have to withdraw because we can't afford the fuel and incidentals to get there.

I know many of you have already donated money and we are very apprciative.

Please email me if you have any ideas or would like to donate to our effort, the Paypal link is below.

RUNNING DONATIONS TOTAL: $3130.88 Amount needed $3000 Minum to go.

Last edited:

KERMA

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
99 beetle and 04 jetta
Whatever individuals donate after this point, I will match dollar for dollar.

Last edited:

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Bora and 2016 Touareg
Not to hijack this thread but what ever happened to the lottery that we all got tickets for when we made donations last time? I don't recall reading anything about who won the prizes. Maybe I just missed the link.

*edit* never mind, I found it!*

By the way, here's $50 towards the Rally VW team's efforts. Good luck guys!

Last edited:

BleachedBora

TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus
For every complete Deluxe ($325) 100k TB kit that I sell until the end of the month I'll donate $50 towards your effort. I'll add $100 on top of that as a tip. :)
I believe the last time I did this it netted you $200. Hopefully this time you get a lot more :).
Good luck guys!
-BB

Last edited:

NewTdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Bora, Reflex Silver
I am trying get my online store up and running! I will feature a special online coupon called pikespeak2007 and I will give the buyers to use this coupon as an indirect way to contribute your endeavours. Ooops, the site will be selling high end bicycle components! The store should be live within 1 week. I will report back the correct URL at time of launch.

oEo

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Golf TDi PD ::Indigo Blue::
Oliver,

Can you keep up posted weekly as how much you need / or the drop-dead date of when you would need the money?

Thanks
T

Last edited:

Bob S.

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A B4V, some ALHs & BRMs
Oliver; I hope the PM responses are better that what I am reading here.

You, Jeff, Peter, BB, etc. have been very good to me this past year as a newbe TDI owner, friendly & free with your advice & time. I sure do appreciate it.

So, let me kick join Kerma & BB by in getting this thing going. $100 was just sent via paypal. A pm follows.

Please keep us posted on how things are going.

Other Marylanders. How about stepping up? Oliver has is local, he needs a good trip & has helped almost all of us. Bob

LVPAJetta

Veteran Member
TDI
GSW, 2015, (RIP)
Have you considered doing a track event where someone would get a lap or two in the rally car with Oliver for a co-pilot/coach as a fundraiser? I don't know if it would work or be worth the risk to the car, but it was just an idea that may get someone elses creative juices flowing.

FL2AK-tdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'01 Jetta GLS Sedan
What about just having another raffle-this time with different stuff? Like floor mats or, in my case, a dip stick holder lol.

ericy

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI (wife's car)
FL2AK-tdi said:
What about just having another raffle-this time with different stuff? Like floor mats or, in my case, a dip stick holder lol.
A used timing belt perhaps :D.

NewTdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Bora, Reflex Silver
I love the track event idea! I would fly out just for that! How about $10/lap?
And I do not mean lapdance! Come think of it since it os better than a lapdance how about $20/lap? I will pre-pay my laps!

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
Spoke to Jon the other day, and he voiced the same thing. Paypal on the way. Wish it could be more.

EDIT: Every timing belt I do between now and Pike's Peak will have 10% of labor total donated. AND I'll use one of BleachedBoras kits for value added service.

Last edited:

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
$50 sent. But if 1000 people just sent $5....

BleachedBora

TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus
Congrats MCA! Although no TB's yet :(.
;)
-BB

TdiRacing

Vendor
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI Cup
Thanks. We have 3 weeks to come up with the $3000 minimum needed to make the trip. I will keep posting up the amounts as donations come in. That way people can see how much is still needed.

Thank you to everyone who has donated. I would hate to have all the work and money go to waste. I want to go challenge the big bad Touregs.

TdiRacing

Vendor
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI Cup
paramedick said:
Spoke to Jon the other day, and he voiced the same thing. Paypal on the way. Wish it could be more.

EDIT: Every timing belt I do between now and Pike's Peak will have 10% of labor total donated. AND I'll use one of BleachedBoras kits for value added service.

Thank you very much Bruce. As always, we owe you one. Ever need anything just ask.

-Oliver

robzuk

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 Golf, 2001 Golf, 1987 Cabrio
$50 more for the cause, if I can sell the frame and the rest of the bits of my Samurai, I'll throw another log on the fire for a good cause.

Bob S.

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A B4V, some ALHs & BRMs
MCA; Have you been able to confirm if the kit works on an A5 PD yet? I sure would like to use that as an excuse to get Oliver $25 more. Bob

mycruiseagent

Vendor
TDI
Jetta GL, 2002, Galactic Blue - R.I.P.
Hi Bob,

I have not - gotta get BlueCTTDi over here to see if we can install this on his car. You there Mike? ;)

MCA