Brake Light and Brake Cruise Control switch

lucassayers7

TDI
MK6 TDI Golf (recall) MK1 Rabbit TD from NA(sold) MK1 Scirocco TDI (Building)1990 Corrado TDI(Daily)
I have a corrado pedal cluster in TDI corrado due to the cost of the cruise control switch am i able to just tap the two brake cruise control wires into the brake light switch wires so i dont have a blinking glow plug light or would this cause issues?

Steve Addy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
97 Mk3
Not sure why you don't have positions for two switches at the pedal cluster, you should have if it's for MT car.

If you don't have two spots....not sure why not, I would connect the second switch and just rubber band it in the correct position and then install the first at the pedal. That way you don't screw up the wiring harness in case you get the correct pedal cluster to have both clutch / brake switches installed for cruise.

The other option would be to create a jumper that bundles both connectors and creates one (still not hacking into the wiring harness). Then you can use one switch at the pedal.

The thing is you will have to remember that only one pedal will discon the cruise, the other wont do anything to switch cruise off....just a warning.

Personally I would hunt down the pedal cluster that gives you both switch positions and avoid this whole mess.

Steve