best jack points / jack?

ROD-TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk7 Golf S TDI 6-speed, 2017 Tiguan Limited, 2015 Golf R DSG/DCC/NAV.

Caseyb476

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SE 6spd man
If you have a decent local machine shop, you can have some good jack pads made out of 1x3 inch bar stock with a 5/8 radius groove machined in the block, as shown below. Done properly, this block will fit most all VW and Honda lift tabs. And fit into the lift 'socket' of most all floor jacks.
http://www.mye28.com/tech/rods_pages/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/liftblock_0.jpg
That's pretty nice. I was thinking of this as a backup plan. My first choice would be the ECS product that actually plugs into the frame. Check out the video, its pretty slick.

ROD-TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk7 Golf S TDI 6-speed, 2017 Tiguan Limited, 2015 Golf R DSG/DCC/NAV.
That's pretty nice. I was thinking of this as a backup plan. My first choice would be the ECS product that actually plugs into the frame. Check out the video, its pretty slick.
Yes, this looks to be a good product and I did give it some thought, but it only fits our Mk4, not our Mk7. Unfortunately, the location of the factory lift pad holes, which are up underneath the Golf and not down in the area of the Golf's lift tabs, would prevent my use of my EZcarlift, which I've already created lift pads for our several other cars, as shown here...

Honda/VW lift blocks on EZCarlift -
http://www.mye28.com/tech/rods_pages/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/liftblock_1.jpg

Close-up of Honda/VW lift block under Honda lift tab -
http://www.mye28.com/tech/rods_pages/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/liftblock_2.jpg

BMW E28 lift blocks on our 1983 BMW
http://www.mye28.com/tech/rods_pages/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/on_new_blks.jpg

But the ECS product for floor jack use on the Golf certainly looks worth the investment.

Last edited:

Grigg3

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Jetta wagon, 15 Golf wagon
Old thread, but relevant.

I was reading about the factory optional jack points (not the pinch welds) on the 2015 Golf wagon and where to get them and what to get.. plenty of info out there, some of it confusing, some incomplete.

The kit from ECS at start of this thread is sort of factory but not how VW would have done it, and it cost $90.

This thread has the proper and complete parts list and details covered pretty well.
http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26990

This one has a few pictures and confirms some of the part numbers in other thread, but not a complete parts list or info.
http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26763

From my research you don't need the ECS kit.
Alternately, all the other factory parts if bought from ECS is over $200, so I looked elsewhere.

Ordered the parts from http://e-acca.com, and don't know if they'll deliver or be right, I've never bought from them before. They are supposed to be genuine VW and they are cheap.. $87 for everything, delivered fedex in 2-5 days. Worth a try.

This is what I ordered, same as explained in first thread linked above
Round rubber bungs for front points, order 2. (presumably same as ones come in the ECS kit) New part number ends with "B"
8V0804631B
Square pads for rear, order 2.
8V0802847A
Trim pieces for front, one left one right.
8V0825271
8V0825272

Jack sockets for front, one left one right. (these larger ones cover holes in new trim pieces instead of the little plastic pieces in the ECS kit)
8V0802845
8V0802846

If these parts work like I think they should it'll be cleaner and cheaper than buying the above mentioned kit from ECS and using a hole-saw on original front trim pieces. And includes the larger rear blocks instead of little round rubber ones.
Also a lot cheaper than ordering the same proper VW parts from ECS.

Hope it works out and it helps others.

Last edited:

dubStrom

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 A4 Jetta (sold), 2010 JSW (sold), 2013 Passat 6MT traded for 2014 JSW with 6MT-TOTALED in November 2016, 2003 ALH 5MT conversion (sold), wheezing 2015 GSW/DSG and a new 2021 Tacoma Access Cab 4x4 p'up
Those ECS jack pads are great. But for flat tires out on the road, a floor jack may not be in your car when it happens, and you need a pretty flat surface to use a floor jack. What ECS should provide is an adapter to fit on the on board scissor jack, as well as the disk adapter they provide for the floor jack.

When my car is in the garage, I lift the car by the lower control arm. But my floor jacks have enough of a lip ring on the plate to catch securely there. So I would be more interested in a field solution for use with the scissor jack than the floor jack adapters from ECS.

Grigg3

Veteran Member
TDI
I wanted something better/different than lifting from the pinch welds for using a two post lift, and these things from VW are good for that. Also good as they are with a floor jack, no further adapter needed. (Not talking about the ECS parts. )
For a roadside flat I don’t mind using the onboard jack as intended.

EECSentric

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW TDI SEL DSG LP
When my car is in the garage, I lift the car by the lower control arm. But my floor jacks have enough of a lip ring on the plate to catch securely there. So I would be more interested in a field solution for use with the scissor jack than the floor jack adapters from ECS.
May I ask you to describe this a bit more or point to a picture? I will be switching wheels soon and I haven't found a great way to jack the car and then rest it on jackstands.

Thanks,

laminated

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Sportwagen
Last edited:

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Old thread, but relevant.

I was reading about the factory optional jack points (not the pinch welds) on the 2015 Golf wagon and where to get them and what to get.. plenty of info out there, some of it confusing, some incomplete.

The kit from ECS at start of this thread is sort of factory but not how VW would have done it, and it cost $90.

This thread has the proper and complete parts list and details covered pretty well.
http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26990

This one has a few pictures and confirms some of the part numbers in other thread, but not a complete parts list or info.
http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26763

From my research you don't need the ECS kit.
Alternately, all the other factory parts if bought from ECS is over $200, so I looked elsewhere.

Ordered the parts from http://e-acca.com, and don't know if they'll deliver or be right, I've never bought from them before. They are supposed to be genuine VW and they are cheap.. $87 for everything, delivered fedex in 2-5 days. Worth a try.

This is what I ordered, same as explained in first thread linked above
Round rubber bungs for front points, order 2. (presumably same as ones come in the ECS kit) New part number ends with "B"
8V0804631B
8V0802847A
8V0825271
8V0825272

Jack sockets for front, one left one right. (these larger ones cover holes in new trim pieces instead of the little plastic pieces in the ECS kit)
8V0802845
8V0802846

If these parts work like I think they should it'll be cleaner and cheaper than buying the above mentioned kit from ECS and using a hole-saw on original front trim pieces. And includes the larger rear blocks instead of little round rubber ones.
Also a lot cheaper than ordering the same proper VW parts from ECS.

I did the same, now it's just a matter of informing the garage/shop to use them instead of the pinch welds, some may not trust the different lift points.

RIP TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'15 GSW SE 6MT...... '01 Golf GLS 5MT.... '96 Passat Variant....
I did the same, now it's just a matter of informing the garage/shop to use them instead of the pinch welds, some may not trust the different lift points.
So, you both used this vendor and they performed well enough?

Grigg3

Veteran Member
TDI
They’re supposed to be genuine VW parts, and should perform well, others have researched and confirmed the part numbers.
The question is will the vendor send the right parts in a reasonable timeframe, I haven’t worked with them before to know. Still waiting on my parts, should be here soon.

RIP TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'15 GSW SE 6MT...... '01 Golf GLS 5MT.... '96 Passat Variant....
They’re supposed to be genuine VW parts, and should perform well, others have researched and confirmed the part numbers.
The question is will the vendor send the right parts in a reasonable timeframe, I haven’t worked with them before to know. Still waiting on my parts, should be here soon.
Thanks, yes, I was referring to the vendor's performance.

Grigg3

Veteran Member
TDI
Placed mine 11/17 and haven’t received notification that it shipped.
They did say up to 10 business days handling before shipping. I paid a couple dollars for faster shipping, 5 days max I think, instead of something like 10 or more.
Not fast that’s for sure.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
So, you both used this vendor and they performed well enough?
Yeah I ordered the mid belly pan (a pan that's directly behind the engine belly pan) as well, that I'm going to try and blend in with the AWD drive shaft.

It took a while and I had to pick up the package as it needed a signature, but my order was up around $170, everything was OEM and as if you ordered it from ECS, dealer or any other respectable dealer slinging OEM parts.

I also ordered the "rear hatch spoiler side fins" to be ubur cool. I tell myself it helps keep rear debris off the rear window, but honestly can't really tell.

I'd have no issues with ordering from them again.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
We used to say you can have great quality, fast, and cheap. Pick two. e-acca is cheap and (hopefully) OE quality.
No need to worry, its def OE quality as its Euro OE parts, not china OE parts.

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
Old Hockey puck with a slot cut in. Cost....$0 from your local hockey rink stands.
I did this too. However, There was no hockey rink near me so I bought new (cheap) hockey pucks on eBay. I think it was about $5 or $6 for 2 pucks (including shipping).

Have Fun!

Don

Grigg3

Veteran Member
TDI
Just installed the VW jacking pads, it’s real simple. Only need a T25 Torx bit.

The front plastic cover panels slide straight back after removing one screw and releasing three tabs each, then fall down.
Install the new ones first thing.
Lube the new rubber bungs and plastic jack pads with some dish soap and water. Easy to fit rubber bungs in place and with your palm push the pads into them. Some other instructions talk about jacking them into place... that’s simply not necessary with the factory parts.

The rear ones, first remove two rubber plugs each side. Easier to push one side of the plug in, then grab the plug sideways and pull it out.
Rectangular pads slip in easily, self explanatory.

Whole thing can be done laying on the ground in about 5-10 minuets.

Last edited:

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I didn't know the front pannels slid to be removed, I got all hulk smash on them and felt so stupid once the first one was out and realize it needed to slide. Second side took 3 seconds.

Used the fronts 4 times during rotations and winter swap and spacer installs. Very handy, I even get the front up enough to lift the rear tires to make it quicker, so far no negative effects or deflection in the frame rails.

sportwagen3

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI SE
Just installed the VW jacking pads, it’s real simple. Only need a T25 Torx bit.

The front plastic cover panels slide straight back after removing one screw and releasing three tabs each, then fall down.
Install the new ones first thing.
Lube the new rubber bungs and plastic jack pads with some dish soap and water. Easy to fit rubber bungs in place and with your palm push the pads into them. Some other instructions talk about jacking them into place... that’s simply not necessary with the factory parts.

The rear ones, first remove two rubber plugs each side. Easier to push one side of the plug in, then grab the plug sideways and pull it out.
Rectangular pads slip in easily, self explanatory.

Whole thing can be done laying on the ground in about 5-10 minuets.
So all the part numbers from your previous post is correct for a 15 GSW?

Grigg3

Veteran Member
TDI
Yes,
Exactly the right parts for my 2015 GSW. Delivery was not speedy but quick enough given the distance traveled, communication and customer service was excellent. (one part arrived damaged, they promptly sent another, and will package things differently in future) They also said they've shipped a bunch of these "kits".

To recap
Ordered the parts from http://e-acca.com ...$87 for everything, delivered...

Round rubber bungs for front points, order 2...
8V0804631B
8V0802847A
8V0825271
8V0825272

Jack sockets for front, one left one right.
8V0802845
8V0802846